Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New White Plains medical team treats victims during rescues

7 posts in this topic

New article on a topic that was previously discussed in a different context.

New White Plains medical team treats victims during rescues

By Richard Liebson • rliebson@lohud.com • October 22, 2009

When people are injured in fires, construction accidents or other disasters large and small, getting fast, advanced medical treatment can mean the difference between life and death. The problem, in many cases, is that victims get little medical attention until they've been rescued and carried to an ambulance.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20091022/NEWS...EiUeCxTrfKhE%3D

what kind of an apparutus are they unsing for this unit? the best of luck to white plains with this unit.

This is the write up on the drill photos we discussed a couple of weeks ago. Nice piece. Good luck guys and congratulations!

(edited to correct post to "is" as opposed to "looks like" )

Edited by JimmyPFD

Note to self: read full article before putting foot in mouth

I came back and read the complete article and will be looking out for more on this team, I wish the People on this team the best of luck and look forward to seeing more on them.

I still think this is an awesome idea and happy to se it become a reality, especially the fact that they got a 300k grant and formed the team without immediate cost to the tax payers. I dunno if we answered this in the previous thread but wanted to ask it here. I don't see anything that looks like the team on the list of EMS agencies at DOH. Who's operating license do they operate under and are they really operating on the Paramedic level or on the EMT-I level? (We know how newspapers are sometimes/all the time).

Kudos to the commissioner for making this happen and best of luck to the team overall. (He is also a member of CCVAC in Cortlandt and actively rides calls - so I'd imagine he sees the need for good advanced care in special situations there as well). It's good to know they are available (as well as the Technical Rescue Team in Greenburgh) and will keep it in mind should we have a need for them in the nearby areas.

I still think this is an awesome idea and happy to se it become a reality, especially the fact that they got a 300k grant and formed the team without immediate cost to the tax payers. I dunno if we answered this in the previous thread but wanted to ask it here. I don't see anything that looks like the team on the list of EMS agencies at DOH. Who's operating license do they operate under and are they really operating on the Paramedic level or on the EMT-I level? (We know how newspapers are sometimes/all the time).

Kudos to the commissioner for making this happen and best of luck to the team overall. (He is also a member of CCVAC in Cortlandt and actively rides calls - so I'd imagine he sees the need for good advanced care in special situations there as well). It's good to know they are available (as well as the Technical Rescue Team in Greenburgh) and will keep it in mind should we have a need for them in the nearby areas.

My understanding is that they secured an ALS licensee (CON i guess?) sometime over the summer and ARE operating at the Paramedic level. Just what i heard from some guys working WP EMS for TC.

Yeah, it's possible that the state list isn't kept up to date. The county MAC list shows "White Plains Public Safety" as the agency of registration for several EMT-I and EMT-P. Interestingly the state list also shows Hudson Valley DDSO as having a Paramedic level certification in Wassaic. (News to me).

Has the team been deployed for any jobs yet?