Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

The Old Fairview L-1 Looks Like It Is Going To Be Scrapped

18 posts in this topic

Well, it looks like the old Fairview Ladder 1 (1980 Pierce/LT-1998 Refurb) is going to Brookfield. :sad: :sad:

Passing by Fairview Station 2 today (Worthington Road @ Dobbs Ferry Road/100B), where Ladder 1 has been sitting outside for several months awaiting a buyer, seems to have been trashed. It's Fairview logos have been spray painted over black(in a very sloppy way), numerous items have been seemingly brutally stripped off, and a tarp is wrapped across the middle of the ladder, covering the ladderboards. I can only assume it is going to be disposed of.

First the Telesquirt, now this. :sad: :roll: grrrrr

What a sad end for such a great ladder. To bad it couldn't be donated somewhere or turned into a special service vehicle. :sad:

Yea it was a great ladder. Why couldn't it ever get donated to someone or even get fixed??

what u want me to do? paul or tim who ever u r

We can always call Brookfield for 1 and 1 Pleasantville engine 91 and this ladder. Would have been a great responce in there hay day

they deff. would be. ladder 1 was a great truck and it still is. its a shame to see it go :cry2:

failed certification test aerial not serviceable

so it is def. goin to brookfield then. that really sucks

RIP Ladder 1

Fret not, there will always be someone willing to buy it as an "antique" or some Department in the middle of nowhere that would pony up the cash to refurb it.

Out of curiosity - anyone know what hapenned to the old Mack CF aerialscope that they used a long time ago?

The Mack Cf was for sale, ask TR54 i believe he even put up a post stating that it was for sale and for how much and so on...

I think the mack is in Mt Vernon,and that is the same one West Harrison had.

just because it's going to brookfeild dosen't mean it's getting scraped.. they will probably send it to south america or something, where there are no standards, and it will fight fires once again.. that was a hell of a stick..

yes hopefully it will fight fire again somewhere. if it does go to south america i would love to know where it goes

That Mack CF was the former Tower Ladder 7 (Larchmont). I believe it belonged to KME who was loaning it to Fairview while the waited for the new Truck. Thats the story I've heard.

yes that is ture it was a loaner

99.9% sure that is correct.