Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Petition the President

34 posts in this topic

With all respect, Goose is in the proper forum to express his opinions, and I agree with him on many points. Some of the other posts here are self-conflicting. So the arguement is; we hold up to our "moral standards", give KSM a trial in the Southern District of NY Courthouse (I served on a grand jury in that building in 1983 and indicted quite a few criminals including a rogue CIA agent who was trying to sell weapons to Libyia), we try him and POSSIBLY convict him, then maybe execute him and that will prevent ten more generations of jihadis? As opposed to making him a martyr by giving him what HE wants, a military tribunal, where he will be executed. Hmm.

So we show the young Taliban that our "justice system" works, and that will prevent the jihad huh? I seriously doubt that one brothers. No matter what we do, they are going to continue to try and wage war on this country. They HATE our freedoms, they hate our society, and they could care less about where KSM is tried. WAKE UP. We are dealing with an enemy that willingly killed themselves to bring down the WTC. Their most popular fashion statement is a suicide vest, and their cowardly way of waging war is planting IEDs.

Taliban and their murderous cohorts only respect one thing; the ability to do violence. This will not change during this or subsequent generations; so we should all suck it up, REMEMBER what happened, and continue to pursue these men until they do not have the ability to fight us anymore. Our Generals and troops are waiting for more soldiers in Afghanistan; this President should get off his high horse and make a decision about how many more to get in there to get the job done.

The saying is; Afghanistan has never been conquered, and it brings down Empires. We are a Republic, a Democracy, but we are not an Empire. We do not conquer; we destroy the enemy and help rebuild countries like Iraq and Afghanistan, and give the place back to the people. Want an example? How about Japan or Germany?

This AG has conflicts of interest; his former law firm represents Yemeni nationals like the hoodlums accompanying KSM. He should have recused himself from this case. Instead, he and the current administration have opened the door to allow terrorists to possibly walk away from justice. All it takes is one juror. Let's say we get a jihadi sympathizer on the jury. He tells no one of his secret hatred for this country. BANG. Game over, KSM gets a mistrial, and the millions of dollars it just took to uphold our "morals and principles" goes down the drain.

Opening the door of our Republic and the rights entitled to it's citizens to wartime criminals from other countries is the biggest mistake EVER made during a war. The President may be a bright young guy, a smart college guy; but he don't know s#it about how to beat these jihadis, and he'd better start listening to those who do, or we are in serious trouble.

Thanks for your response.

I don't think I ever said this wasnt' the proper forum to express opinions, what i did say is that nothing is to be accomplished here by blaming political groups for their policies/decisions and if someone is really unhappy (as Goose obviously is) rather then complain about how bad things are, get involved and run for office; thats a pro-active step towards fixing the problems that exist in this country.

Now, while your entitled to your opinion, please tell me, how does your post go towards resolving your issue at hand with our government? Are you willing to write a letter to the President expressing your views? Are you willing to run for public office? or is this forum as far as it goes? the thrust of my post to Goose was to encourage him to get involved with the process and make a positive difference, not to opine about how bad decisions are being made and leaving it at that with no resolution.

Thanks for your response.

I don't think I ever said this wasnt' the proper forum to express opinions, what i did say is that nothing is to be accomplished here by blaming political groups for their policies/decisions and if someone is really unhappy (as Goose obviously is) rather then complain about how bad things are, get involved and run for office; thats a pro-active step towards fixing the problems that exist in this country.

Now, while your entitled to your opinion, please tell me, how does your post go towards resolving your issue at hand with our government? Are you willing to write a letter to the President expressing your views? Are you willing to run for public office? or is this forum as far as it goes? the thrust of my post to Goose was to encourage him to get involved with the process and make a positive difference, not to opine about how bad decisions are being made and leaving it at that with no resolution.

Thank you as well. My response has been to post the link to the letter from Tim Brown the founder of TheBravest.com, to the President, and ask all members here to sign it. It was the begining of this thread. As far as running for public office, I know there is a member here who has done so, and contributed to his campaign. I believe I served my community in a capacity far greater than any locally elected official does or did, so no I personally won't be running for office anytime soon.

The thrust of my response was to encourage the brother named to express his views, as well as my own take on this sordid state of affairs happening regarding the terrorists who killed our FDNY/NYPD/PAPD Brothers and Sister. If I might add, that Sister's name was Moira Ann Smith, NYPD. Her funeral was on St. Valentine's Day, February 14, 2002. I did not know her nor did my girlfriend at the time(also a Police Officer), but we attended her funeral at Cathedral of Saint Patrick in NYC. As we stood at attention I'll NEVER FORGET as the black limo drove by and Officer Smith's baby daughter was sitting in the window of the car. This is why we are fighting two wars. Goose is much closer than that. I know I'm still mad as h#ll about 9/11, I can only imagine how people who lost family feel. If opining helps the brother get something off his chest, I think that might help him and others here as well. And the others here with different opinions or political viewpoints? As long as they don't violate the decorum here, that's what this is all about right?

Edited by efdcapt115

Thank you as well. My response has been to post the link to the letter from Tim Brown the founder of TheBravest.com, to the President, and ask all members here to sign it. It was the begining of this thread. As far as running for public office, I know there is a member here who has done so, and contributed to his campaign. I believe I served my community in a capacity far greater than any locally elected official does or did, so no I personally won't be running for office anytime soon.

The thrust of my response was to encourage the brother named to express his views, as well as my own take on this sordid state of affairs happening regarding the terrorists who killed our FDNY/NYPD/PAPD Brothers and Sister. If opining helps the brother get something off his chest, I think that might help him and others here as well. And the others here with different opinions or political viewpoints? As long as they don't violate the decorum here, I think it's great.

I think thats a fair statement. smile.gif