Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageVigiles

Steven Seagal "Lawman" on A&E

6 posts in this topic

This show is riduculous. I will list several reasons.

We have Steven Seagal, who is supposed to be a "reserve Deputy" wearing a Chief's rank (2 stars.) People call him Chief, but he rides shotgun with someone riding a Colonel rank in what looks like a TNT or Anti-Crime patrol team...

Seagal is teaching a full-time Captain with Jefferson Parish SO how to pass his qualification for pistol doing only headshots from maybe 5 yards.

Deploying a taser with 6 cops grabbing the suspect? No, that won't hurt anyone...

On a drunk and disorderly call, we normally dispatch a Chief, a Colonel, a Lieutenant and a couple of Sergeants, right?

Pathetically dumb.

LOL 99subi, you nailed it. :lol:

These shows are designed to appeal to a wide audience, and unfortunately most of them do nothing to impress those of us who know what life is really all about on the streets.

That's all well and good, and I wouldn't have minded if it was advertised as a new crime drama or something like that. But they're advertising it as if its real. The sad part is people will actually believe this stuff, that's what bugs me about it.

It is real. Hokie, yes, but also real.

As far as ranks are concerned, that's not too much of an issue, depending on the department's staffing. In a municipality as close as Englishtown, NJ, where there are only 8 cops in the entire department (covering an area of 1.5 Square Miles), it is not an uncommon sight to see the Chief out there, as well.

As far as the qualification and taser, it's TV, bro...

Don't be so quick to judge. This is a great concept and currently I am lobbying my dept to allow Holle Berry to be the third wheel in my E-Wagon while on patrol. Maury Povich has shown a strong interest in it..... :D

Any suggestions on what rank I should give her??

Edited by JCESU
jack10562 likes this