Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Hello, 911: Dispatcher Ricky Variara (60 Control 630)

9 posts in this topic

Interesting article in Westchester Magazine about 630. Great article, and paints the often not-seen part of the response in a positive light. And Ricky's answers were very professional. I worked with Ricky for several years, and he is a GREAT guy and good friend- glad to see him spotlighted like this. He is also one of the very first members to join this forum.

Hello, 911: Dispatcher Ricky Variara

911 Dispatcher Ricky Variara, senior communications operator for the Westchester County Department of Emergency Service in Valhalla.

http://www.westchestermagazine.com/Westchester-Magazine/December-2009/Hello-911-Dispatcher-Ricky-Variara/

Interesting article in Westchester Magazine about 630. Great article, and paints the often not-seen part of the response in a positive light. And Ricky's answers were very professional. I worked with Ricky for several years, and he is a GREAT guy and good friend- glad to see him spotlighted like this. He is also one of the very first members to join this forum.

http://www.westchestermagazine.com/Westchester-Magazine/December-2009/Hello-911-Dispatcher-Ricky-Variara/

I see I have been spotted.

Thanks Buddy. B)

Like the last part of the answer regarding how quickly help generally lives - "depending on where you live." Tough question, especially in this County,but you gave a solid and very professional answer - as was previously mentioned. I can't imagine the frustration you guys experience regarding some response times...

Nice to see a piece on the 60 Control dispatchers - all too often they (and probably all dispatchers more generally) don't get the recognition they deserve. Radio systems may occasionally be problematic, dispatch information may be scant despite best efforts and locations may be slightly incorrect - but it is always nice to talk to talk to 60 control.

great job by done by 630 and all the personel at "60" control. remember that whe you wake me up at 5 am :D

Good article, very well done. Nice to see us behind the scenes folks shown in a good light.

Way to go, "Uncle" Ricky...B)

Thanks "Uncle" Merry Christmas to and Joyce

Like the last part of the answer regarding how quickly help generally lives - "depending on where you live." Tough question, especially in this County,but you gave a solid and very professional answer - as was previously mentioned. I can't imagine the frustration you guys experience regarding some response times...

Nice to see a piece on the 60 Control dispatchers - all too often they (and probably all dispatchers more generally) don't get the recognition they deserve. Radio systems may occasionally be problematic, dispatch information may be scant despite best efforts and locations may be slightly incorrect - but it is always nice to talk to talk to 60 control.

Thanks brother. Yes it can get frustrating but you learn to deal with it.. ;)

great job by done by 630 and all the personel at "60" control. remember that whe you wake me up at 5 am :D

It is hard to wake someone up at 5am when they are always on vacation. :lol: Merry Christmas

Good article, very well done. Nice to see us behind the scenes folks shown in a good light.

Thanks Brother.

Nice well written article. Congrats Ricky! It's nice to see the folks get the credit you all dezerve!

Congrats.. It's about time you guys got some recognition..

Btw the way the ‘attempted suicide of a feline' was the best you got.... Comeon... :D