Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cold Spring Working Fire Discussion Thread

19 posts in this topic

Does anyone know anything else about this alarm??

I heard City of Beacon 33-11 enroute there. Also I saw Rombout 62-45, Village of Fishkill 42-12 & 42-13 responding down Route 9. Didn't hear where in Cold Spring.

Cold Spring 2nd Alarm 240 Main St, But I don't know what is at that address

I believe this is the Fire...photo was taken from Facebook for Bill Beale Site. Hughsonville as well.

Thomas

post-2493-126170630212.jpg

I believe this is the Fire...photo was taken from Facebook for Bill Beale Site. Hughsonville as well.

Thank you for sharing that. I couldn't ascertain from switchboard or googling if it is a residence. It is beautiful whatever it is. Bless the responders on this bitter cold night. Praying for everyone's safe return home later tonight.

Large SFD, new building. Cold Spring, North Highlands, Garrison, Continental Village, Hughsonville, Rombout, Fishkill, Beacon FDs operating

from what my wife told me, she believes its the brand new house that went up within the last year next to the Philipstown town hall. Maybe would have been thier 2nd xmas in this house. what a shame just before the holidays

Edited by pfdfirefighter01

from what my wife told me, she believes its the brand new house that went up within the last year next to the Philipstown town hall. Maybe would have been thier 2nd xmas in this house. what a shame just before the holidays

Yes it was fairly new...

http://post-3712-126171684832.jpg

Photo from Google.com street view

Damn there is some red stuff there. Is Cold Spring's Oren still in service??? :huh:

Edited by x1243

no cold springs oren is not in service anymore

Dang I feel sorry for the folks who live there, but that is the result with some of this new pressboard construction out there.

Dang I feel sorry for the folks who live there, but that is the result with some of this new pressboard construction out there.

Yeah TGI throughout the building

House had an open floor plan and a lot of old wood that was highly treated with polyurethane and high ceilings in a lot of rooms. Was going pretty good on arrival of first in units from what I understand, I arrived 15 minutes after the initial dispatch and saw it from Route 9. Not much you could do except go into exterior ops to knock down the large volume of fire and with the roof and some of the outside walls starting to cave it was tough on trying any interior attack. Putting people inside was not the safe thing to do.