Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mfc2257

Emtbravo.net loads twice

10 posts in this topic

Just curious, why does the page load twice when you open it? It loads the first time and you begin to scroll to the topics, but then it reloads about 4-5 seconds later sending you to the top of the page.

A few questions:

What browser are you using?

It it every page view?

I can't duplicate this on my computer.

The only thing I can think of is any one of many elements that load from different files on our servers to display your page is being delayed, and when the full content finally arrives, the page snaps to the top.

I've noticed it too. I am using Firefox version 3.5.6 Emtbravo loads, and as I begin to scroll down, I get as far as the advertisements and then Emtbravo re-loads and brings me back to the top.

I've noticed it too. I am using Firefox version 3.5.6 Emtbravo loads, and as I begin to scroll down, I get as far as the advertisements and then Emtbravo re-loads and brings me back to the top.

How many times does it do this? Just once when you first visit the site?

been happening to me on IE and firefox. i learned to just wait the extra 7 seconds.

How many times does it do this? Just once when you first visit the site?

Just the first time you come to the site from another.

I tried to replicate it but I haven't at home, however at work on IE 6 it does do it for me.

First off, make sure that you are using the latest version of your browser!!!!! If not you need to upgrade it now. The problem seems to be Java for the shout box is not catching up with everything else. So when you start scrolling, it locks up because its is still loading all of the components.

Also clear out all your temp internet files, browser history, and clear the cashe out as well. There are files located here that "remember" the settings of each site you visit and sometimes the do not get "updated" so to speak. Another it to make sure that you have enough virtual memory on your computer available. Now don't get scared of this but 99% of the time we all have it set so that Windows allocated the virtual memory needed. You can check this setting under your Control Panel and leave it as such. Don;t try to set it to something else unless you are an expert user.

In all, don't start scrolling through the website until everything has had a chance to load up.

Let me know if it continues for you all. I'll keep working on it and sent the information to Seth.