Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

1992 Mack CF Eng 298 Yonkers

13 posts in this topic

Out of the basement of Station 8 , cleaned up and back to school for this veteren Firefighter. The probies get to work off a real classic, The last Mack fire engine made ! No luck with the photo will try again

Edited by PCFD ENG58

Its been a real good experience training with the last mack engine. Hope it gets fixed up nice after school is finished.

Here you go (plus a few others). Yes, I know that they are the "MODELS" but its nice to have the YFD Code 3 Fleet to look at (Would love to see some of the OLD TIME YFD Rigs, like the 61 Mack B Rescue, ALF Century Tiller 73 "Supertrain", and maybe the Old Mack C Engine 1). But take a look at these:

post-80-126221379382.jpg

post-80-126221381254.jpg

post-80-12622138379.jpg

post-80-126221385832.jpg

post-80-126221387722.jpg

Its been a real good experience training with the last mack engine. Hope it gets fixed up nice after school is finished.

Don't break it !

Don't break it !

Little Buddy, I think the "eyes and ears open and mouth shut" advice needs to be updated now that we are living in the digital age...maybe, "eyes and ears open, mouth shut and no posting on-line"???? At least until you're off Probation??

Don't break it !

R1 - I believe that Chief Flynn makes sure that he does not "break it" when he sorts out reports on his desk each day. (Refer to the Model of TL 71 on his desk in his office. Maybe he has one of the Mack CF 306 as well in his office - See Photo below of TL 71 on his desk). Hey, I didn't know that Chief Flynn was a "Collector" as well ******* LOL :)

post-80-126222496745.jpg

R1 - I believe that Chief Flynn makes sure that he does not "break it" when he sorts out reports on his desk each day. (Refer to the Model of TL 71 on his desk in his office. Maybe he has one of the Mack CF 306 as well in his office - See Photo below of TL 71 on his desk). Hey, I didn't know that Chief Flynn was a "Collector" as well ******* LOL smile.gif

That's not my office. That is the office where the camera was set up...

That's not my office. That is the office where the camera was set up...

Oops - Sorry Chief Flynn - Thought it was your office. Nice office however! I would then assume that it must be Commissioner Pagano's office? If so, then I guess that he is a Code 3 Collector

This was not the first time we had to pull E-298 out of the basement and dust it off - we also used it as a decon engine for the Papal visit in 2008.

Wow , a blessed Mack can't get better than that ! Sorry about the photo, The support staff is working on getting it up

This was not the first time we had to pull E-298 out of the basement and dust it off - we also used it as a decon engine for the Papal visit in 2008.

Chief Fitz - I guess that the basement at Station 8 is the "Basement of YFD Classics"? (Isn't the 1950's ALF Mid-Mount Truck 5 Stored Down There along with Engine 298 (The Old Engine 306 - "The Last of the Mack's"

I don't know why Code 3 never made a TL-75 to go along with 71. That seemed to go over quite well, as have the engines. Could do one of the old Mack 'Scopes, too, for that matter. Hmmm.......

As for the real Mack, like I said in the other thread, I hope that never gets given up for scrap, or anything else "bad". If anything, send it to ITE for a refurb, or Pfahl's for a restoration, so that it can be appreciated for what it is for many years to come. Is the other one (the next to last one) still around anywhere?