Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LCFD994

Motorola Pagers

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how someone, like me, can get the software and cables needed to program the Minitor III and Minitor IV pagers?I mean is it possible, because I know its out there??? I am also looking for a listing for the tone reeds and such for said pagers. If you like PM me or answer here.. Thanks

are u looking to buy new because if you are you can call ess down in elmsford they probally can help you

its a couple of hundred bucks...but if you can convince your dept. to use you instead of anyone else...$20 a pop adds up quick and can help recoup costs...besides, they're relatively easy to work on if you want to get into repairs

Ok so where can I get it and do I need any endorsements, or letters or anything?

like XCAPT133 mentioned, ESS should be helpful. I also know of people having success using ebay...the last one I heard about went off for about $250

Definately watch EBay for the programmers and cables the are at varying prices however i dont beleive they work with windows xp operating systems so check the specs!

They might work with WinXP; my dept has a Minitor III/IV programmer connected to a brand new Dell. As cas said, definitely check the specs if you're going to spend that much on a piece of equipment.

Motorola recently released the windows based software for the M III/IV line. They also have a new version of the CPS and Pro Radio software. Alot of hte ebay stuff was--the last time I looked the DOS based software for the pagers. They also make aftermarket or "home made" kits--which are suprisingly not too reliable. It is well worth the investment to purchase the Motorola name brand merchandise. The Minitor V should be released in the coming months as well--hopefully it will be the same docking station!!!

EBAY has it for $315.00 under search word "minitor". not sure if its still there though. this is the new one from motorola that is windows based not DOS based like the older format of the program. I will program the newer minitor IV's also. this kit will let you program minitor III and IV and the new minitor V. there is much more info email if interested.