Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FiftyOnePride

Elevator Rescue

48 posts in this topic

Maybe Mike can clear something up, true must elevators will go up because of the counter weight system however lets not forget alot of elevators stall because they are overloaded thus the elevator can possibly go down.

Rick Dempsey

Eastchester FD

Rick you better cut down on those firehouse meals.......

Rick you better cut down on those firehouse meals.......

Now that's what I'm talking about! A little fire house ball breaking! LOL

......Shots fired.

And a constuctive post, keep it going !

Edited by R1SmokeEater

Hey Mike, what do you have for escalators? Most of them in our district are at New Roc. I am talking about a quick check list to run down, any specific things to look for? I took your class in probie school ('00) but have never had an "escalator" call that went into any detail besides " rope it off and call technician". Any quick lil bits would help. Thanks

Hey Mike, what do you have for escalators? Most of them in our district are at New Roc. I am talking about a quick check list to run down, any specific things to look for? I took your class in probie school ('00) but have never had an "escalator" call that went into any detail besides " rope it off and call technician". Any quick lil bits would help. Thanks

This is basically a man in the machine type incident. These are initial response steps before you extricate: 1- Push emergency stop button (located top and bottom). 2- Open top floor plate (this is the location for the main line disconnect) 3- Kill the power! (lock/out – Tag/out) 4- Secure open pit area! (stupid people will find a way to fall into an unsecured pit, if you don't). I hope this helps. Here is a link to an escalator emergency that we were called to:

Stay Safe

Mike Dragonetti

Yup thats what I was looking for. Thanks Mike - Hurley

my dept also has had Mike do classes on elevator/escalator rescue, it's amazing how much we didn't know, and we do a lot of elevator rescues at the mall

Yup thats what I was looking for. Thanks Mike - Hurley

Hurl,

Did you at least crack a smile at the video I attached? Don't be so serious bro! LOL

my dept also has had Mike do classes on elevator/escalator rescue, it's amazing how much we didn't know, and we do a lot of elevator rescues at the mall

Coming from you Chief that's a huge compliment! I'm just an informational highway sharing information with the brothers!

Coming from you Chief that's a huge compliment! I'm just an informational highway sharing information with the brothers!

Sisters too.....

Mike I think you are going to get busy.

Mike I think you are going to get busy.

I can't breathe as it is.....

Who loves ya baby!

Hurl,

Did you at least crack a smile at the video I attached? Don't be so serious bro! LOL

Yes I did! Don't be fooled Mike behind this straight face is lotsa laughs!! :lol: You might get so busy you'll have to hire that guy round the block from ya ;) ;). Thanks again. Does a Mike Griffin still work in Stamford? I use to train his wife at NYSC-WP.

Edited by Firediver

Here is a link to an escalator emergency that we were called to:

He mike you got some very stupid people in Stamford its a good thing SFRD has a crack rescue.

LOL

B.

There is one guy who could possibly break a Halligan. I had him in proby school years ago and was nicknamed The Greek.

Find Greek and see if he can do it. He was in White Plains.

Now that we are on Escalators, try this you tube link on fora potential rescue course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npfa-t_i9vE

You guys are quick...I was looking for it and you were posting it! Good response time

Edited by wraftery

Just an interesting side note, the City of Yonkers was the birthpplace and home of the Otis Elevator Company, where the modern "safety" elevator was invented, designed, and for many years, manufactured (now the Kawasaki Rail Car Plant). Otis Elevators almost completly dominated the elevator market for decades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otis_Elevator

Chief, I believe The Greek is Lt. Greek now. Good guy...... softball is another story. :lol: