Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Weather Alert: upgrade to Winter Storm Warning

40 posts in this topic

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...BERGEN NJ-BRONX NY-EASTERN PASSAIC NJ-ESSEX NJ-HUDSON NJ- KINGS (BROOKLYN) NY-NASSAU NY-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN) NY- NORTHEAST SUFFOLK NY-NORTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX CT- NORTHERN NEW HAVEN CT-NORTHERN NEW LONDON CT-NORTHERN WESTCHESTER NY- NORTHWEST SUFFOLK NY-ORANGE NY-PUTNAM NY-QUEENS NY- RICHMOND (STATEN IS.) NY-ROCKLAND NY-SOUTHEAST SUFFOLK NY- SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX CT-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN CT- SOUTHERN NEW LONDON CT-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER NY-SOUTHWEST SUFFOLK NY- UNION NJ-WESTERN PASSAIC NJ- 403 PM EST FRI FEB 25 2005

... ANOTHER STORM WILL AFFECT THE REGION MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT...

LOW PRESSURE IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVER THE GULF OF MEXICO ON SUNDAY... THEN MOVE UP THE EAST COAST ON MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT AS IT PICKS UP GULF AND ATLANTIC MOISTURE AND QUICKLY INTENSIFIES.

PRECIPITATION WILL LIKELY BEGIN AS SNOW MONDAY MORNING OR EARLY MONDAY AFTERNOON.

.. BUT THEN THERE IS UNCERTAINTY REGARDING PRECIPITATION TYPE LATER MONDAY INTO MONDAY NIGHT. IF THE LOW TAKES A TRACK RIGHT ALONG THE COAST OR JUST INLAND...

THE PRECIPITATION WOULD CHANGE TO RAIN ALONG THE COAST AND A WINTRY MIX INLAND. THE RESULTING HEAVY RAINS IN COMBINATION WITH MELTING SNOW COULD CAUSE URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOODING PROBLEMS.  

IF AN OFFSHORE TRACK MATERIALIZES... MOST OF THE PRECIPITATION WOULD INSTEAD FALL AS HEAVY WET SNOW... WITH SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS POSSIBLE.

WINDS WILL ALSO INCREASE AS THE STORM APPROACHES... WHICH IN COMBINATION WITH HIGH ASTRONOMICAL TIDES MAY CAUSE COASTAL FLOODING IN WESTERN LONG ISLAND SOUND... NEW YORK HARBOR AND THE SOUTH SHORE BACK BAYS OF LONG ISLAND.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE SITUATION INTO THE WEEKEND....

Good God Man - haven't we had enough already!! And i know plenty of people are going to reply, saying bring on the white gold - especially p'ville 2372. Well, you all can BITE ME!!

Yeah 648, the white stuff means the green stuff to me too, but i'm with you on this one man!!! Enough is enough, i worked like 7 hours of OT last night chasing the snow all night. I missed 13 hours of double-time this past weekend, but to be honest, i could care less, i've had it with the snow!

Luckily, I've been off during the last storms, but monday night is the last tour in this rotation - I think i may be stuck this time :sadblinky:

648 make sure you pack the Advil that night! LOL

nah - tylenol with codine - i don't mess around!!!

JUST KIDDING!!

Oh NO! Not again!!!!! Haven't we had enough of this garbage ypt????????????????????????????????????? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

As a matter of fact, this has been a pretty light winter. Coulda been worse, like the winter of 95 into 96 where there was a record broken in NYC for snowfall.

For all of you plow drivers out there, go out and get yourselves PAID!!!

MAYBE WE WILL GET LUCKEY IT WILL GO OUT TO THE SEA TIRED OF THIS WHITE STUFF ALL OVER THE PLACE

mikelouf2, doesn't look like you'll get your wish...... :sad:

...BERGEN NJ-BRONX NY-EASTERN PASSAIC NJ-ESSEX NJ-HUDSON NJ- KINGS (BROOKLYN) NY-NASSAU NY-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN) NY- NORTHEAST SUFFOLK NY-NORTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX CT- NORTHERN NEW HAVEN CT-NORTHERN NEW LONDON CT-NORTHWEST SUFFOLK NY- QUEENS NY-RICHMOND (STATEN IS.) NY-SOUTHEAST SUFFOLK NY- SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX CT-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN CT- SOUTHERN NEW LONDON CT-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER NY-SOUTHWEST SUFFOLK NY- UNION NJ- 357 AM EST SUN FEB 27 2005

... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON NY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT...

AS STRONG LOW PRESSURE MOVES UP THE COAST ON MONDAY... SNOW WILL SPREAD NORTHWARD IN ADVANCE OF IT... LIKELY ARRIVING LATE MONDAY MORNING OR EARLY AFTERNOON. SOME MIXING WITH RAIN OR SLEET WILL BE POSSIBLE BY LATE MONDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING... WHICH COULD HOLD DOWN SNOW ACCUMULATIONS SOMEWHAT.

EVEN SO... CURRENT INDICATIONS ARE THAT A 6 INCH OR GREATER SNOWFALL COULD OCCUR BY THE TIME THE SNOW TAPERS OFF MONDAY NIGHT. IN ADDITION... WINDS COULD BECOME QUITE STRONG DURING THE PERIOD OF HEAVIEST PRECIPITATION... ALLOWING FOR REDUCED VISIBILITIES.

AT THIS TIME THE EXACT TRACK OF THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. ANY SHIFT EAST OR WEST OF THE CURRENT FORECAST TRACK COULD HAVE A DRASTIC EFFECT ON FINAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS... AND HOW MUCH SLEET AND RAIN MIXES IN... IF ANY.

A WINTER STORM WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN SEVERE WINTER WEATHER IS POSSIBLE... BUT NOT IMMINENT. AT THE TIME... THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW AND OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS. FUTURE DRIVING AND WALKING CONDITIONS MAY BECOME HAZARDOUS... SO IT IS IMPORTANT TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS....

This could be the biggest one yet this year!!!!!! Like I've said before....... Bring it on

We love the white stuff.

Art, feel free to send the 57s to any ems calls u want on monday night, im up for some fun in the snow.

Bring on SPRING Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!

A foot of fresh powdery snow, boys and girls!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

...BERGEN NJ-EASTERN PASSAIC NJ-ESSEX NJ-NORTHERN FAIRFIELD CT- NORTHERN MIDDLESEX CT-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN CT-NORTHERN WESTCHESTER NY- ORANGE NY-PUTNAM NY-ROCKLAND NY-SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD CT- SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX CT-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN CT- SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER NY-UNION NJ-WESTERN PASSAIC NJ- 535 PM EST SUN FEB 27 2005

... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FOR MONDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT...  

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON NEW YORK HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING.

SNOW WILL ARRIVE LATE MONDAY MORNING OR EARLY AFTERNOON... AND MAY BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES LATE MONDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

CURRENT INDICATIONS ARE THAT 8 TO 14 INCHES OF SNOW COULD FALL BY THE TIME THE SNOW TAPERS OFF LATE MONDAY NIGHT.

WINDS COULD ALSO BECOME STRONG DURING THE PERIOD OF HEAVIEST SNOWFALL... WITH CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW AND SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED VISIBILITIES.

A WINTER STORM WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN SEVERE WINTER WEATHER IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR. HEAVY SNOW IS FORECAST TO ACCUMULATE IN THE AFFECTED AREAS... CAUSING HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS. THOSE WITH TRAVEL PLANS IN THE WARNING AREA SHOULD CHOOSE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE... OR USE EXTREME CAUTION IF TRAVEL IS UNAVOIDABLE.

CONDITIONS CAN DETERIORATE RAPIDLY IN WINTER WEATHER SITUATIONS. SLOW DOWN AND ALLOW EXTRA TIME WHEN TRAVELING. PRACTICE YOUR WINTER SAFETY RULES... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD AND WATER IN YOUR CAR IN CASE OF EMERGENCY....

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Anybody know of ant dispatch openings in FLORIDA?!?!?!?!

I'll just dig out the car, along with the fiances car. Nice thing about living in an apartment building, no driveways to shovel.

Nice thing about driving a plow truck is you don't have to shovel :D

Sure - go ahead and rub it in! Remember, paybacks a B%^#H :twisted:

All the reports I see are pretty consistant. Over 8 Inches. Anywhere up to 16. This is gonna suck. P'ville - how'd you like to come plow my driveway?

Nice thing about driving a plow truck is you don't have to shovel :D

Point taken...have fun..earn that extra pay.

I'll just dig out the car, along with the fiances car. Nice thing about living in an apartment building, no driveways to shovel.

I hear that!!!

So where is all the snow they said we would have by this evening??????

It's 10-19 at this time, k

When I left for work at 7pm we had about an inch on the ground. Whe I got back at 8:30 it was more like 5-6. Pucker up everyone. This should be interesting.

Hastings and Peekskill are both in Snow Emergencies. What exactly does this mean?

I know i'm warm and dry where i'm sitting! (Unfortunatley, I'd rather be cold and wet sleigh riding down High St on the stoke basket withthe guys from my engine co.)

648, I thought you wanted to go to florida, now your want to sleighride down High St. Sounds like someone cant make up their mind where they want to live.

If i'm going to be stuck up here in the snow, i at least want to be able to enjoy it somewhat!

Down the hill in a laundry basket at Ryans Field.

Down Dayton Lane in Peekskill on a metal bedpan. :twisted: 8)