Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SFRD49

Firefighter - Stamford, CT. (closing 2/19/10)

21 posts in this topic

Recruitment for Firefighter

The City of Stamford is recruiting for the position of Firefighter. Applications and further information will be available on Friday, January 22, 2010.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:

· At time of application, must have graduated from an accredited high school or received an equivalency diploma (G.E.D.) from a recognized authority.

· By date of written examination (4/10/10), must be at least 18 years of age.

· At time of application, must have a CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) card dated no earlier than 3/21/09 from an accredited IAFF CPAT testing site OR be registered with the Connecticut Fire Academy for the May 2010 physical ability test . Those who have to take the ability test will be admitted to the written exam, but must pass the physical ability test by the end of May 2010 in order for their written exam results to be considered for purposes of this selection process. Further information regarding this requirement is included in the application supplement.

· At time of appointment, possession of a valid driver’s license.

The last filing date for applications is Friday, February 19, 2010. A completed “City of Stamford Application for Examination or Employment-Firefighter #10-01”; Page 3 of “Application Supplement 10-01”; and copy of CPAT card or CPAT registration as described in the application packet must be submitted or postmarked to the Human Resources Division on or before February 19, 2010 to be considered eligible for purposes of this examination. A resume and/or other correspondence will not be considered as equivalent to an application.

As of January 22, 2010, the application materials and further information will be available on the City website (www.cityofstamford.org). Application packets will also be available in the Stamford Government Center Lobby and at Stamford Fire Headquarters, 629 Main St.

The starting base salary for Firefighter, effective 7/1/10, is $45,182.

We ask that all City employees relay this information to people they think would be interested. Thank you.

Human Resources Division

bigrig77 likes this

Hey how many guys are they looking too hire in stamford

Where is their Academy? Is there one in Stamford or is it held up north of Hartford? Was on there website looking up info about the CT CPAT and it said the are giving it up in Windsor Locks. That's a 90 mile trip everyday. Does Fairfield County have it's own training facility?

Fairfield has a regional fire school, not sure if its fully outfitted as an academy though.

Stamford has sent recruits to the state fire academy ( you room there) and they have also given their own recruit school.

I'm not sure if Stamford is sending their recruits to the CFA or running their own, but the CFA is a residential M-F program, home on the weekends, last I know of. I know they also used to do CPATS in Meriden.

If the city hires a decent amount, the academy will most likely be held in Stamford. If they only hire a few then it will likely be off to the CFA for the new recruits.

Hmmmm. No age limit. If it wasn't for the fact the youngsters would run rings round me in the CPAT, I'd think seriously about applying for this!

how does one obtaina CPAT card from a credited IAFF CPAT. Baicly who holds the cpats

how does one obtaina CPAT card from a credited IAFF CPAT. Baicly who holds the cpats

CFPC: CPAT Information

It would be in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.

thanks for the info! so i assume that is the location they hold the cpat at as well?

CPAT is held in Meriden. Apply to get on the test list soon, they fill up quicker than you'd think.

CPAT is Pass/Fail.

I found that out today. I'd heard at least some departments rank candidates based on combination of test & CPAT scores. So I might just put my name down here!

Thanks!

Stamford to hold tests to recruit firefighters

By Jeff Morganteen, Stamford Advocate

January 25, 2010

STAMFORD -- The city is accepting applications for firefighter positions at Stamford Fire & Rescue and will hold a written examination for the job April 10, the first fire-fighting test in nearly five years....

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/Stamford-to-hold-tests-to-recruit-firefighters-335671.php

Not sure if I am allowed to do this, but, BUMP. Get those applications in!

Does anybody know what exactly is on the written exam? Does the City of Stamford have some sort of study guide?

Does anybody know what exactly is on the written exam? Does the City of Stamford have some sort of study guide?

With past tests, you were sent a "study guide". ALL test questions came directly word for word from this guide. Not sure if it will be the same this time or not.

With past tests, you were sent a "study guide". ALL test questions came directly word for word from this guide. Not sure if it will be the same this time or not.

Thanks for the info. Just want to get a heads up

Thanks for the info. Just want to get a heads u

What's the word on the Stamford Test. Haven't heard to much noise

about it on this site. Still waiting to see if they give detailed information as to what is gonna be on the test.

Edited by Fish98