Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

2010 John Deere 764 High Speed Dozer

11 posts in this topic

It does look interesting, any more info on it???

I wonder if LACo FD will use one of these for their forestry dozers?

that thing is sick. im sporting my john deere hoodie as we speak!

I wonder if LACo FD will use one of these for their forestry dozers?

They, along with some other FD's, are looking at it. I believe one or two are being demo'd now by either the US Forestry Service or Calfire- not like the latter has the money to buy them though! With all that rain they are having now, it's gonna be a heck of a brush fire season next year!! It will have to prove itself though before LACoFD buys it.

I've also heard some municpalities and airports are looking at it for high speed snow removal.

Awesome looking rig! Does anyone know if anyone has purchased it?

. . . . It will have to prove itself though before LACoFD buys it. . . .

I will admit it is an interesting looking machine, but I have to agree with Seth, it will have to prove itself. In the current economic climate if it starts to have problems it may never live it down. I want to see how it holds up in service for a couple of years before I would risk any budget money on it!

A cross between a wheel loader and bulldozer. Very cool. But as for it being used a fire line dozer, I not too sure how it would work out.Some of the questions I have are: how to "up armor" the operators cab, protect the hydraulic lines in the pivot area,is a winch available and a track design more suited to the rocky soil conditions of the west.The boys at Rome Plow would have fun trying to design a KG blade to work with this new design of machine. I'm not sayin it isn't possible, but it will be some time before we see swampers and operators working a fire line with it. It actually reminds me of the a short lived CAT military unit called the "30/30 Engineer Support Tractor" and the MT700C/MT800C series CAT "Challenger" farm tractor.

Edited by WCDES-FTA

One of the main benefits is that this can move at higher speeds then traditional bulldozers, which makes it safer in wildfire conditions. The cab can be beefed up, and I'm sure it will be for military versions.