Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rutola413

Whelen LED Dual head Talon Question

7 posts in this topic

I use a Whelen LED Dual head Talon. R/R. I noticed tonight when i went on a call, only the right side flashes(if looking at light from behind).

To my knowledge the lightis only 2 years old MAX (i bought it from my bro). I wouldn't imagine that the bulb burnt out? I cannot find any sort of schematic online. I am calling whelen tommorrow, but I just wanted a 2nd opinion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a low budget and cannot buy another light.

Thank you all

I do not think the LEDs are done, 2 years is way to short to have problem with whelen leds. I am going to guess that you have a short inside the light.

Anyways, i am not sure if this is the right place to ask light questions. I think you will get beter responses in light specific forums. Here are some...

elightbars.org

Lightbar PSE

Lights and Sirens Forum

I recommend calling Whelen, I had to call them once for a missing part from an order I placed and the part was shipped and at my door the next day - they back up their products.

Edited by FiftyOnePride

Open up the Dual Talon and check the circuit board for obvious problems...loose wires. Also, may sound obvious but cycle through the patterns see if anything changes.

I use a Whelen LED Dual head Talon. R/R. I noticed tonight when i went on a call, only the right side flashes(if looking at light from behind).

To my knowledge the lightis only 2 years old MAX (i bought it from my bro). I wouldn't imagine that the bulb burnt out? I cannot find any sort of schematic online. I am calling whelen tommorrow, but I just wanted a 2nd opinion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a low budget and cannot buy another light.

Thank you all

It should have a 5 year warranty.

It should have a 5 year warranty.

Whelen carries a 5 year warranty from date of manufacture, look on the sticker on teh back of the light, and it SHOULD have that date on there.

Open up the Dual Talon and check the circuit board for obvious problems...loose wires. Also, may sound obvious but cycle through the patterns see if anything changes.

If you do that, you can void the above mentioned warranty.