Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abaduck

Hold on to your hats!

8 posts in this topic

SOUTH WINDS OF 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 60 TO 70 MPH ARE EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON ACROSS PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY... COASTAL PORTIONS OF THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY... AND COASTAL SOUTHWESTERN CONNECTICUT... AS A POTENT FRONTAL SYSTEM IMPACTS THE REGION.

Bad enough already and forecast to get worse early afternoon with possible thunderstorms.

SOUTH WINDS OF 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 60 TO 70 MPH ARE EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON ACROSS PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY... COASTAL PORTIONS OF THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY... AND COASTAL SOUTHWESTERN CONNECTICUT... AS A POTENT FRONTAL SYSTEM IMPACTS THE REGION.

Bad enough already and forecast to get worse early afternoon with possible thunderstorms.

81 Miles per hour at 11:16 hrs at Playland , per Westchester County Web site

Edited by PCFD ENG58

Peak wind at the airport was 54 knots or 62 MPH at 1054 this morning.

Peak wind at the airport was 54 knots or 62 MPH at 1054 this morning.

Is that including rotor wash? :P

Is that including rotor wash? :P

You can't wash anything in that wind , the soap will go in your eyes !

Edited by PCFD ENG58

Wish i had some of that cold weather here in florida, all we got is light winds.

I was listening to an online scanner earlier today and it sounded like 60 Control was getting hammered!

Today was the first time since I joined the FD in 1992 that the wind blew my helmet off of my head!