Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

Do we know our History

9 posts in this topic

This is a project that I have been wanting to work on for some time. As time passes on some of our younger members are not aware of our apparatus history, so to do a test I will ask a question to see if the history is being saved. This is for fun and is not to make any one look bad . If you are a older member and know the answer hold off till we see what kind of answers we get . If you don't know me I have been restoring fire apparatus for over 37 years and have 4 rigs at this time, I also have been a firefighter in Port Chester for the same time. Lets start out with this #1 What company was the first one to install a diesel motor in a fire apparatus in the US and what year was it done, again this is for fun and to help pass the time and if you like it I will post one every week and see how smart we really are !

Edited by PCFD ENG58

The year was 1939, it was a 1000 gpm Stutz that was delivered to Columbus,Indiana

The year was 1939, it was a 1000 gpm Stutz that was delivered to Columbus,Indiana

Hey... I knew that... But figured at 33 I was too old to answer... What's the verdict on age here?

Hey... I knew that... But figured at 33 I was too old to answer... What's the verdict on age here?

My bad-need new reading glasses.

What was the first fire department in CT to have a Diesel Mack fire apparatus?

Wow that killed 20 minutes of winter, but the answer is right ! If anyone has a Question that fits this thread and the answer , PM me with it and we will use it for the next availble one so I can have some control over it . Lets use SageVigiles for the next Question.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say.........New Fairfield, CT or West Haven, CT :P

East Hartford

From what I've always known, it was Ridgefield. My father's friend helps RFD take care of it, along with several other pieces he owns.