Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

Orange Street House Fire, Norwalk - 01-30-2010

7 posts in this topic

Joe, awesome shots, thanks for sharing. Looks like you guys had your hands full. Looks to be a good ammount of fire.

I like the aggresive placement of the Quint. Quick questions, as i am unfamiliar with NFD ops, more specifically the use of quints. I know that this topic has come up in the past. Does NFD operate quints as engines? How many FF's are assigned to a quint? Do you find the quints to be an asset? I personally like the idea, but i know many people are anti-quint.

Joe, awesome shots, thanks for sharing. Looks like you guys had your hands full. Looks to be a good ammount of fire.

I like the aggresive placement of the Quint. Quick questions, as i am unfamiliar with NFD ops, more specifically the use of quints. I know that this topic has come up in the past. Does NFD operate quints as engines? How many FF's are assigned to a quint? Do you find the quints to be an asset? I personally like the idea, but i know many people are anti-quint.

That quint operates as a truck primarily. Since it is in a 2 company house with E1, it can be, if needed used as an engine. If they pull up first due to a house fire and E1 is not with them, I think they would operate as an engine if the situation dictated that. Its a touchy subject, but we all think of it as a truck and nothing else.

JVC

Great pics!

Already said, but great positioning of the truck.

I don't see any lines coming off it. Looks to me like a well placed truck.

nice truck positioning. thanks for sharing the pics. Very useful

That quint operates as a truck primarily. Since it is in a 2 company house with E1, it can be, if needed used as an engine. If they pull up first due to a house fire and E1 is not with them, I think they would operate as an engine if the situation dictated that. Its a touchy subject, but we all think of it as a truck and nothing else.

JVC

Joe, thank you for your response. I like the idea of the versatility of a quint, especially in a career dept. As you said, depending on the situation, it could be utilized as either a truck or engine. Its also nice to know that youll have another engine or truck or both right behind you.

Thanks again