Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skooter92

4WD Ambulances?

11 posts in this topic

I saw Peekskill VAC's B3 is a Quigley 4WD conversion-does any other EMS organization in the county have 4WD buses?

Is Peekskill's Cortlandt VAC's old one?

Also, off the top of my head the only other 4WD bus in the county is Vista....I think.

cortlandt VAC has one 4 Wheel Drive Rig

No. All of PCVAC's rigs are/were new when they got them. And yes, CCVAC has a 4WD vehicle. Kent used to have one as well. Doesn't Croton have a 4WD bus also? Thier older one (with the division between driver and compartment) looks aweful high off the ground to NOT be one.

The Croton rig you're reffering to is 55B1. No it is not a 4X4. It is just mounted on a truck chasis. That makes one hell of a crappy ride to the hospital. We are trying to replace that rig with a new one, similar to 55B2 - or '04 PL Custom. I wish B1 was 4X4 - I got it stuck in the snow one year!

Rockaway Point Volunteer Fire Department in Queens has 2 Ford E350/wheeled coach/quiqley 4 wheel drive ambulance running as Rescue 2 & Rescue 3.

Kent's 16-7-1 is still a 4x4, Harrison VAC original trucks were 4x4 but no longer.

You need to be King Kong to lift the stretcher into the back of these monsters, but they do have there good points as well as some other bad ones.

At one point, Cortlandt VAC had 2 4x4 rigs, 88B1 and 88B2. The last 2 we purchased, 88B1 & our first ever 88B3 are not 4x4. I like them, but they didn't have the best ride out there.

As for our (Croton's) 55-Beast-1, it is sitting on a Ford F-super duty chasis, and rides like it has square wheels.

I can just picture a square wheel LOL I have a set of those on my car LOL #-o

I believe that Vista Has a FWD ambulance Vista refers to it as Ambulance 22. Im not sure what its 60-Control number is either 84-B1or B2