Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

Medevac?

13 posts in this topic

Friday night 2-12 into Saturday morning 2-13?? Saw one landing alongside 84 just west of Middletown. Anyone got any info??

Not sure of the time or exact location, but New Hampton had an MVA with a medivac Friday overnite. That would be in the exit 3 area. Otherwise, sometimes you might see them returning to the airport next to 84 but that is, I believe, just east of the Middletown area.

It was actually in the Town of Waywayanda, on the Waywayanda/Wallkill border. I'm surprised it didn't make the papers.

Sunday 130 ifo the Friar Tuck Inn rt 23 & 32 looked like Hunter mountain ambulance any info?

Guess it was waywayanda. I had been heading back from the Galleria and spotted it on my left. I would say it was between 3 and 4 on 84. Thanx guys.

Sunday 130 ifo the Friar Tuck Inn rt 23 & 32 looked like Hunter mountain ambulance any info?

There was a fatal ice climbing incident at Katterskill Falls off of Route 23A in Hunter Area Ambulance's response area. I'm sure freemanonline.com will have coverage.

There was a fatal ice climbing incident at Katterskill Falls off of Route 23A in Hunter Area Ambulance's response area. I'm sure freemanonline.com will have coverage.

Thanks for the imformation

Friday night 2-12 into Saturday morning 2-13?? Saw one landing alongside 84 just west of Middletown. Anyone got any info??

Sat about 00:15 New Hampton Car vs pole w/pin 45 min extrication Co Rt 50 & Mcmanus Rd 2 pt's heavy pin with a medevac l/z @ Ryerson & Mcveigh Lifenet Air 2 flew 1 to Westchester. 2nd medevac was req but later cancelled & ground tx to Arden Hill

Not sure of the time or exact location, but New Hampton had an MVA with a medivac Friday overnite. That would be in the exit 3 area. Otherwise, sometimes you might see them returning to the airport next to 84 but that is, I believe, just east of the Middletown area.

They keep a bird at Randall now? Which one? Pretty sure that's been used as an LZ a time or two (and maybe a fuel stop?) but I didn't think anything was staged there full-time.

If there is a bird at Randall, that is new to me as well. I know they keep Air 2 (LifeNET 74) at Kobelt Airport in the Hamlet of Wallkill in Ulster County (around 30 miles away from Town of Wallkill in Orange).

I do remember seeing what looked to be a medevac helicopter doing what I thought were touch and go's in the vicinity of the Crystal Run Galleria a few months back.

I do remember seeing what looked to be a medevac helicopter doing what I thought were touch and go's in the vicinity of the Crystal Run Galleria a few months back.

Most likely landing and taking off from NYSP Troop F HQ, Crystal Run Rd just north of Rt. 17 Exit. Besides NYSP helo operations their helipad is used as the primary LZ for Horton Hospital's medivac missions. Mobile Life meets the crew at Troop F, transports them to Horton, and back with the patient.

They keep a bird at Randall now? Which one? Pretty sure that's been used as an LZ a time or two (and maybe a fuel stop?) but I didn't think anything was staged there full-time.

I don't think they have one there full-time, just from time to time. We recently had an MVA where we had one flown. They beat the engine to the LZ (about 5 min from the time we said to send 'em). I was talking to one of the medics and he said they were at Randall.