Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Seagrave Rearmount Platforms

6 posts in this topic

Would any one happen to know if seagrave still makes rearmount platforms? I havent seen any new rearmount platforms on the new Marauder chassis.

I do not believe they are building rear-mount ladder towers / tower ladders since getting rid of the problem plagued Tower Maxx series they had before (I think that's what they were called). I know a lot of departments that ordered them had problems with those. Who knows, they may come out with another version or contract someone to build the "ladder tower" rear mount style like RK did for a while.

Pocono Township Fire Company ordered a rearmount platform a few years ago. After asking my local Seagrave Rep about it he explained that the chassis and body were Seagrave and the aerial was from another manufacturer.

http://seagrave.com/index.cfm?display=prod_recentDeliveries_detail&id=329&maxShow=15contentid=46&sectionID=3&chassis

My department operates a 2000 Seagrave Apollo 105' Rearmount Platform. When we visited the factory in 2007 we heard an Apollo II was a possibility.

JBJ

Sterling, VA and Ocean Pines, MD both have Marauder II rear-mount platforms that were delivered within the last couple of years. Not 100% sure who built the aerials on either of them, if it was Seagrave or somebody else. Both are sharp looking rigs, though, as is the aforementioned Pocono Twp. (Tannersville, PA) unit.

Sterling, VA and Ocean Pines, MD both have Marauder II rear-mount platforms that were delivered within the last couple of years. Not 100% sure who built the aerials on either of them, if it was Seagrave or somebody else. Both are sharp looking rigs, though, as is the aforementioned Pocono Twp. (Tannersville, PA) unit.

The Pocono Twp rig is awesome up close. It's already served them very well.