Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
batt2

Yonkers FD's new Battalion 2

52 posts in this topic

And about the "Mr Coffee machine" - that's the TIC charger. We prefer the coffee from "Slave to the Grind." lol

"slave to the Grind"? When did we get one of those in Yonkers?

Glad we got the GPS mapping feature in the fire apparatus....lmao

Oh, and they do look pretty darn sharp...

Edited by Oswegowind

I think that there is one just over the boarder in nearby Bronxville. Could it be that Chief Dunn might be an "Expresso Efficianto"? (Its not your every day Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts)

"slave to the Grind"? When did we get one of those in Yonkers?

batt2 likes this

I think that there is one just over the boarder in nearby Bronxville. Could it be that Chief Dunn might be an "Expresso Efficianto"? (Its not your every day Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts)

No, really, I know where it is, my wife and I go there when we are down that way. She used to live around the corner from it. It was a joke. Just like Red Alert. Now that is a funny!

post-1066-126784987553.jpg

No, really, I know where it is, my wife and I go there when we are down that way. She used to live around the corner from it. It was a joke. Just like Red Alert. Now that is a funny!

It's at 58 Pondfield Rd Bronxville..But in case you want to know, Chief Dunn and I have been negotiating a price for me to come up and install an imported Italian Espresso machime in that dead space by the tailgate. The one I have in mind is copper with the Vigile de Fuoco emblem etched on one side and Batt2's logo on the other. My travel expenses are not the problem. My Italian fabricator cannot meet the specs. Chief Dunn wants the grinder to start automatically when Yonkers tones out the Safety Battalion for a working fire. The fabricator knows everything about Cappuchino, "ma niente" about electronics.

Edited by wraftery

For the right reasons a trip to slave is warranted. For example, anyone in the North Bronx who says they don't care which hospital they go to between 6am and noon.

I had heard that Chief Dunn had requested in the specs that this special piece of equipment housed in the back of Batt 2 automatically goes off when the tone goes off initiated by YFD Dispatch, requesting the daily morning radio test. I also heard that the New Batt2 Truck has an "Auto-Pilot" option built into it, via their GPS Tracking system, that drives the truck automatically to the Bronxville Slave to the Grind location.

[PS - Chief Dunn, you are the BEST and I am certain that your love of coffee is shared among the members and staff at Station 12. Slave to the Grind is one of the best around. Oswegowind - Yes, I knew it was a joke all along - LMAO : ) ]

post-1066-126784987553.jpg

It's at 58 Pondfield Rd Bronxville..But in case you want to know, Chief Dunn and I have been negotiating a price for me to come up and install an imported Italian Espresso machime in that dead space by the tailgate. The one I have in mind is copper with the Vigile de Fuoco emblem etched on one side and Batt2's logo on the other. My travel expenses are not the problem. My Italian fabricator cannot meet the specs. Chief Dunn wants the grinder to start automatically when Yonkers tones out the Safety Battalion for a working fire. The fabricator knows everything about Cappuchino, "ma niente" about electronics.

Once wraferty installs the machine you're all invited for coffee. "It will be the EMTBravo Roadtrip Breakfast". Andy from Slave to the Grind will supply us with his best grind. Oswegowind will let you all know the location from the GPS signal we emit. 61Mack: I'll give you advance warning so you can make the trip. Moderators: you better shut this thread down before we get in trouble lol.

Once wraferty installs the machine you're all invited for coffee. "It will be the EMTBravo Roadtrip Breakfast". Andy from Slave to the Grind will supply us with his best grind. Oswegowind will let you all know the location from the GPS signal we emit. 61Mack: I'll give you advance warning so you can make the trip. Moderators: you better shut this thread down before we get in trouble lol.

No, no trouble at all. Just make sure the roadtrip breakfast location is big enough for someone else to "drop in"! :lol:

10-4 though if you remember, you did drop in one day and we had coffee- at 460 Nepperhan...

10-4 though if you remember, you did drop in one day and we had coffee- at 460 Nepperhan...

I remember, but the coffee wasn't from Slave to the Grind was it? B)

Unfortunately not...

What, no Slave to the Grind Coffee at SOD? Does Chief Fitz and the guys down at Special Operations on Neph Ave only drink Dunkin Donuts Coffee?

No, no trouble at all. Just make sure the roadtrip breakfast location is big enough for someone else to "drop in"! :lol:

Isn't that why you guys have the hoist capability?

Isn't that why you guys have the hoist capability?

Yes but the rotor wash blows the froth off the cappucinos and the powdered sugar off the cannoli. :o

How come you made the switch from an excusion to a f-350 pickup? Wasnt the Excurion realtively new?

Just wandering otherwise its really nice good luck

How come you made the switch from an excusion to a f-350 pickup? Wasnt the Excurion realtively new?

Just wandering otherwise its really nice good luck

B1, B2, and the Safety Truck rack up a "ton" of mileage throughout the years that they are in service, despite the outside appearance of looking great (Attributable to the great maintenence staff at the DPW). The Ford Excursion is no longer available and I am sure that YFD specd' out and choose the Pick Up because of its durability in those tough roads in Yonkers.

B1, B2, and the Safety Truck rack up a "ton" of mileage throughout the years that they are in service, despite the outside appearance of looking great (Attributable to the great maintenence staff at the DPW). The Ford Excursion is no longer available and I am sure that YFD specd' out and choose the Pick Up because of its durability in those tough roads in Yonkers.

good point thanks

Batt - 1 in service 1500hrs

Thanks Chief Fitz for the update. I am sure that the B-Chiefs will certainly enjoy their new Ford Trucks. Next up "New" for the Yonkers FD Fleet should be the New Engine 306 and 308 (ALF Eagle Pumpers) from American LaFrance and the New Engine 309, Squad 11, and Ladder 72 (Smeal/Spartan) from New England Fire Apparatus within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks Chief Dunn for the Photographs of the New B1. [What - No Expresso Machine inside B1 ??? - Maybe they have something else within the New B1 for the Guys on the West Side? - LOL : ) ]

batt2 likes this

Photos taken today of Yonkers Battalion 1

post-193-126972638782.jpg

post-193-126972640781.jpg