Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Macks of Westchester Photo advertisement

11 posts in this topic

Larchmont Fire Department featured in my own copy from Fire Engineering Magazine. Also listed are other Westchester County NY Fire Departments proudly using Mack Fire Apparatus to protect residents.

post-23-126782376586.jpg

efdcapt115 likes this

Larchmont FD Mack rings the bell in Westchester County NY - Fire Engineering

post-23-126782417175.jpg

Briarcliff Manor , Hastings on Hudson , Mt Vernon , Port Chester , Peekskill and more listed.

post-23-126782431114.jpg

Briarcliff Manor , Hastings on Hudson , Mt Vernon , Port Chester , Peekskill and more listed.

what year was that from ?

I love the "special storage compartments" description in the ad!!! Going back to when fender compartments were not standard!

Ouch...... I am feeling a pain in my hip....

That was Engine 33 which was still in service when I joined larchmont in 1980. Not sure what year it was but I am guessing it was in service until 1993 when it was replaced by the current Seagrave they have now. If I am correct, It was repowered along the way to add a few years to it.

Edit: Possibly a 1957 or 1958 as History shows FRANCIS B. CASTER as Chief from 1957-1958

Edited by TCD0415

AND REMEMBER - The Yonkers Fire Department has the VERY LAST MACK EVER PRODUCED in their possession. Reserve Engine 298 (Formally Engine 306) is currently "resting comfortably" downstairs in "The Vault" (probably next to the restored 1950's ALF Midmount) at Station 8.

AND REMEMBER - The Yonkers Fire Department has the VERY LAST MACK EVER PRODUCED in their possession. Reserve Engine 298 (Formally Engine 306) is currently "resting comfortably" downstairs in "The Vault" (probably next to the restored 1950's ALF Midmount) at Station 8.

Very last fully built Mack or very last Mack built CF chassis? I know there is contention between all the apparatus buffs about that. I know the last fully built Mack fire truck was in 1984(ish) when they just went to building chassis.

Yonkers has the last CF built as a custom fire engine. The last one with a Mack body was Westbury's in 1984. Last all-Mack engine was an MC model pumper delivered to Guttenburg (sp?), New Jersey. It now resides in the fleet of North Hudson Regional Fire & Rescue. Westbury's CF is now privately owned in, I believe, Pennsylvania.

Incidentally, Westbury also has the last MC model built as a fire truck (heavy rescue). And, for another note of otherwise useless trivia, the last "NOS" Mack CF cab was used in the refurb of Tower 43 in Bowie, Maryland. Interstate Truck Equipment in Hagerstown apparently bought the leftover parts and such after production ceased.

Dobbs Ferry E-49 & Dobbs Ferry TL 23

post-7750-126784896417.jpg

post-7750-126784895195.jpg

I love Mack Fire Apparatus!

Thanks for posting TR54 and 191SH