Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huzzie59

Miami Dade

8 posts in this topic

Those are very nice pieces of equipment. Looks like the first is mobile command and the others are like rehab trucks and lighting trucks for big events.

Was that power and light tractor a shops refurb, or a newly built rig?? Quite interesting.

That is one heck of a bus conversion! How tall is that thing?

awesome looking rigs. Are these new? The bus conversion is very impressive.

Was that power and light tractor a shops refurb, or a newly built rig?? Quite interesting.

Thats an older KW tractor maybe a refurb?

Thats an older KW tractor maybe a refurb?

That tractor is probably an early '80's KW. It is the same chassis used by E-One to produce E-248 and E-245 (f.k.a. TS-2) for Millwood in 1982. I suspect it was an old fire or garbage truck with low miles that got converted into a tractor.

EDIT: Scratch that thought... After a closer look, I believe it to be a Peterbilt that looks a lot like the KW garbage chassis that I referenced above.

Edit II: After visiting Peterbilt's webpage, it would appear that it is a Model 320 chassis that is still in production.

Edited by mfc2257

My mom saw two of those trucks southbound on I-684 in Bedford a few months ago...........my sister managed to get a shot....gotta find what I did with it.....