Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pcvac7516

Peekskill EMS New 7505

7 posts in this topic

Lately, I've been seeing more and more Emergency Services vehicles get chevrons put on. I know the county police and some EMS agencies have chevrons but not sure about fire depts.

Lately, I've been seeing more and more Emergency Services vehicles get chevrons put on. I know the county police and some EMS agencies have chevrons but not sure about fire depts.

I believe they are required by law on firetrucks and ambulances now, correct?

I believe that it is NFPA or another organization that set that standard I do not believe it is law only recommendation

Nice looking vehicle, what will it be used for? R-1?

Captains car...chevrons are now required on all emergency vechiels. Cortlandt VAC has been sending their rigs to mcafferies in peekskill. I will get some pictures and post them.

I believe that it is NFPA or another organization that set that standard I do not believe it is law only recommendation

It is a requirement under NFPA 1901 Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus. NFPA standards are that..standards, the recognized standard of the fire service and while they have no regulatory teeth, see what happens if you are sued or criminally charged when they are used. Try to buy a fire apparatus without the chevrons. You can but will have to sign a waiver..and anyone who would should have their head examined and consult with an attorney prior to doing so.

Nice lettering...what did that total package run?