Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Stuck in the rocks

suggestions needed   15 members have voted

1. 1. What should be done in this situation?

• Call for a tow truck
    • Just leave it, it'll be a coral reef in a decade
    • Sell it and buy a boat
    • Get off the internet and start digging!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Started parking the bike in the rear lot a few days ago. While attempting to go for a ride last evening, as I started pulling forward the front end started planning and digging into the gravel; resulting in the bike falling over. Not too bad, able to right it with a good dead lift. Second attempt to move and the rear tire dug in rather quickly. So, there it sits while I wonder what to do......

post-1020-1270310313.jpg

how long is the stretch till you hit pavement? got any scrap wood laying around? throw some boards down and make a temporary driveway for it. or even call some buddies up and just pick it up.

Call the fire dept and tell them you saw a miget under the tires and they then can use the air bags to see

You have any plywood? Get a decent size piece to place in front of the front wheel and get a smaller piece for the rear wheel and try and get a good chuck of rubber on it. With very little throttle and also some fancy clutch-feathering work, you should be able to get it going. Sounds like the ground your one can support the weight of your dresser. Also you may need to rock it back and forth a bit.

Thank you bros for the responses. Turns out ole dumb @ss left the rotor lock on; no wonder the front tire started skidding. Was so concerned about the gravel, completely overlooked it. Turns out posting the photo here was what solved it. Click the pic and you can see clear as day the lock right under the front right caliper. Amazing, missed it in real life, found it on screen. Pulled the lock and rocked it out pretty easy. Thanks again, off to the next misadventure....

Buy a 4X4 Quad! lol

So efd capt115 has a sweet ride like that, is retired, and living in the Florida Keys (according to his profile)..... And his biggest problem is getting the bike out a bunch of stones? Nice...... wish that was all I had to worry about!:P

Edited by fireguy43

So efd capt115 has a sweet ride like that, is retired, and living in the Florida Keys (according to his profile)..... And his biggest problem is getting the bike out a bunch of stones? Nice...... wish that was all I had to worry about!:P

It has been brought to my attention that my earlier post may have been misconstrued. What I meant, in a humorous but sarcastic sort of way, was to make light of the fact that a guy retired from the job and living in the Keys had no other worries than a bike stuck in the rocks, a set of circumstances for which I am envious. In fact, his predicament could sound like a Jimmy Buffet song in the making. What it may have been misinterpreted as, was a malicious jab at EFD Capt115. That was not the case.

If you take a look at EFD Capt115's profile, his "rep points", or read any of his posts, you can see that he is a valuable member of our little community and a valuable source of information on a variety of topics. My comments were not meant negatively, and I apologize publicly to EFD Capt115 and other readers of the original post if they were interpreted as such.

Edited by fireguy43
batt2 likes this