Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week."

8 posts in this topic

April 11 to 17, 2010

"National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week."

Each year, the second full week of April is dedicated to the men and women who serve as public safety telecommunicators. It was first conceived by Patricia Anderson of the Contra Costa County (Calif.) Sheriff's Office in 1981 and was observed only at that agency for three years. Members of the Virginia and North Carolina chapters of the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) became involved in the mid-1980s. By the early 1990s, the national APCO organization convinced Congress of the need for a formal proclamation. Rep. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) introduced what became H.J. Res. 284 to create "National Public Safety Telecommunicator Week." According to Congressional procedure, it was introduced twice more in 1993 and 1994, and then became permanent, without the need for yearly introduction.

On April 6, 2010 Rockland County Executive C. Scott Vanderhoef dedicated a proclamation to the Public Safety Dispatchers of Rockland County.

See the attached PDF

911_proc_4-10.pdf

Edited by LAD19DER NY

Rockland County Executive C. Scott Vanderhoef presents the proclamation to some of the members of the Rockland 911 Dispatcher's Assoc.

post-15386-127074482175.jpg

Putnam, Westchester, Dutchess, Orange? How are you recogizing your Dispatchers?

Putnam dispatchers got a nice lunch and certificates of appreciation

I'm pretty sure we got what you see when you close your eyes. I could be wrong... ;)

I'm pretty sure we got what you see when you close your eyes. I could be wrong... ;)

sleep?? lol

Here at my employ we got money for lunch. However, I am on nights and our 3rd person (works until 1930) was out today so we'll have it tomorrow or Sunday...

I got nothing. I got a 4 day rip last week. Happy Telecommunicators week and 13th anniversary to me!!!

Phooey!!!

Greenburgh PD dispatchers got nothing as usual!!!