Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mutual Aid Question

34 posts in this topic

Why can't we just play in one big sandbox and borrow each others toys?

First you'd have to get some to admit there would be only 1 sandbox. 2nd you'd have to get a large amount of them to admit there is an issue and what the obvious solutions are. Borrow each others toys...sure...if its something you don't have and need to handle an incident that its above your resources. The taxpayers where I work do not pay taxes for my department to supplement another areas response because they cannot staff their apparatus or get it out the door. Automatic mutual aid is one thing...you make agreements and it often evens out. But to borrow each others toys because one isn't getting the job done...is ridiculous.

heres what i can say about that day.

1. only 1 retone went out the first was trivillage with batt 10. (my pager has playback thank god)

2. KED 763 confirmed the fire from the front window being building is next to the fire house and in eye shot of the radio room

3. engine 122 after arriving on scene after dispatch transmitted another working fire

4. dont know y but to me it seems like some departments get picked on more then others. yes i did say picked on because thats my personal feelings. and if so y? are these departments being used as good examples or bad examples? either way it sucks to me a member from a department and have them picked on or always a topic of disscussion.

heres what i can say about that day.

1. only 1 retone went out the first was trivillage with batt 10. (my pager has playback thank god)

2. KED 763 confirmed the fire from the front window being building is next to the fire house and in eye shot of the radio room

3. engine 122 after arriving on scene after dispatch transmitted another working fire

4. dont know y but to me it seems like some departments get picked on more then others. yes i did say picked on because thats my personal feelings. and if so y? are these departments being used as good examples or bad examples? either way it sucks to me a member from a department and have them picked on or always a topic of disscussion.

I don't know what fire is being talked about, but if you or your department feels like they're being picked on, then maybe there's more that can be done to improve how you do things, and less people will pick on you.

We've all been criticized once or twice, it's never going to stop.

4. don't know why but to me it seems like some departments get picked on more then others. Yes I did say picked on because that's my personal feelings. and if so why? Are these departments being used as good examples or bad examples? Either way it sucks to me a member from a department and have them picked on or always a topic of discussion.

"Picked on"? I don't know about picked on and I don't know whether examples are good or bad but we discuss things that happen in agencies around the area and beyond. We are public agencies and there's no hiding from the public eye (here or elsewhere).