Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageVigiles

Amtrak PD

13 posts in this topic

So I'm looking around for possible LE jobs, and I was told by a friend to look into Amtrak PD. Anybody know any particulars about the agency? They don't seem to have a site for the PD, so research is slim picking. Any info would be appreciated.

Amtrak k-9 pd was at the new haven yard training with mta last week,so they must have something in the area

Amtrak has a pretty big presence in the Baltimore / Washington DC area and they do wander north and south from there. I don't think they're up here in the NY area as often because their trains operate on the MTA tracks and MTA has a PD.

For what it's worth, I saw a number of their vehicles outside of Penn Station last week. I don't travel through there frequently so I can't speak to how often they have a presence there. I am pretty sure they also have a presence in Connecticut.

They are in Penn 24/7. Not many of them, but they're there.

I know for a fact they are in New Haven, Hartford and points between there and Boston, I was talking to an Officer who works Union Station in New Haven just the other day. Apparently they go to one of the FLETC academies (I believe the one for the Postal Police and other uniformed Federal LEOs.) Screw it, I'll put a resume in and see what happens. Worst they can say is "no," right?

Like its been previously stated Amtrak PD is at Penn Station 24/7, although their presence can really be felt in Wash/Philly area. The thing about working at PSNY,is that you go to FLETC and you have to be certified LEO in NY.

Amtrak k-9 pd was at the new haven yard training with mta last week,so they must have something in the area

Former New Rochelle P.O. R.A. Smith is now a K-9 cop with Amtrak and he has been assigned to work Penn Station and many other part of the Amtrak line.

Amtrak has a presents in NJ, although there are typical few and far between. In fact the NEC has the most officers assigned to it in the Country. Our HQ is 20 feet from the Northeast Corridor so I usally see a car on patrol once a week. NJ Transit trains operate on the NEC are on Amtrak property. Metro North owns the track between New Rochelle and New Haven, north of New Haven it reverts back to Amtrak property. This passed Sunday I saw a several Amtrak officers at a homeland security exercise in Trenton. I also see their helicopter doing fly bys every once in a while. They do in fact go to FLETC in Glynn County, GA. Their officers belong to the FOP and they have a web site at www.amtrakfop.com

NY Division closed the hiring process for now but Amtrak posts jobs regularly on their job site:

http://www.amtrak.com/careers.

Applications are all done online when a job is posted.