Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjpinto

FDNY 4-18-10

11 posts in this topic

Make my way to Brooklyn this morning, came upon the Fire Scene Unit and the Fire Family Transport Unit 17

besides the couple of Engine Companies.

post-193-127161492912.jpg

post-193-127161495172.jpg

post-193-127161497269.jpg

post-193-127161500147.jpg

post-193-127161503308.jpg

post-193-127161511245.jpg

TAPSJ, batt2 and M' Ave like this

... and the Fire Family Transport Unit 17...

This unit for the transportation of people displaced by fires?

This unit for the transportation of people displaced by fires?

I'm not sure but I believe its for the transport of the families of Fire Fighters that are injured or Fire Fighters that are unable to drive to get to Dr. appointments while on comp.

Nice shots, Joe. The FFT is used to transport members who cannot drive.

Nice shots, Joe. The FFT is used to transport members who cannot drive.

First of all, Joe thanks for posting your photos.

I don't know.......it's not like , "the old days"... now a days you see one FDNY engine they look all the same, not like when the Bronx was burning there was alot of individuality / pride in companys that was cool.

I know......the big brass down city hall had alot to do with it, but I do miss it. Just my 2 cents.

What is the fire scene unit for? What do its responsibilities include? How is it staffed?

I'm not sure but I believe its for the transport of the families of Fire Fighters that are injured or Fire Fighters that are unable to drive to get to Dr. appointments while on comp.

The FFT Unit is often used to assist the families of injured members, helping them in any way that they can. They are also used at funerals to transport family members. They are used, as indicated, to transport members unable to drive to the dr..

First of all, Joe thanks for posting your photos.

I don't know.......it's not like , "the old days"... now a days you see one FDNY engine they look all the same, not like when the Bronx was burning there was alot of individuality / pride in companys that was cool.

I know......the big brass down city hall had alot to do with it, but I do miss it. Just my 2 cents.

Both the Engine and the Truck in my quarters are heavily individualized! We take a great deal of pride in our company and the fact that our rigs appearance represents our tradition as an extension of the firehouse and the men who have and presently work there. We put our nickname across the windshield, Co. Number on the grill, street sign on the bumper and hand painted several accents.....and of course a buff siren. You will most CERTAINLY find these types of additions on many of the rigs in the area and that includes the companies with the newer rigs. Little tweaks take time, ya gotta give the companies a little while to add those individual touches!

What is the fire scene unit for? What do its responsibilities include? How is it staffed?

I believe that the fire scene unit is connected to the Marshals. I'm not 100%, but I believe that it has evidence preservation and collection equipment and other items related to the Bureau of Fire Investigations.

The FFT Unit is often used to assist the families of injured members, helping them in any way that they can. They are also used at funerals to transport family members. They are used, as indicated, to transport members unable to drive to the dr..

Both the Engine and the Truck in my quarters are heavily individualized! We take a great deal of pride in our company and the fact that our rigs appearance represents our tradition as an extension of the firehouse and the men who have and presently work there. We put our nickname across the windshield, Co. Number on the grill, street sign on the bumper and hand painted several accents.....and of course a buff siren. You will most CERTAINLY find these types of additions on many of the rigs in the area and that includes the companies with the newer rigs. Little tweaks take time, ya gotta give the companies a little while to add those individual touches!

I believe that the fire scene unit is connected to the Marshals. I'm not 100%, but I believe that it has evidence preservation and collection equipment and other items related to the Bureau of Fire Investigations.

Now this is where you're going to PM me, tell me where you work, so I can come out and shoot these rigs, so you can show em what buffed out truly looks like.

As Usual, some EXCELLENT Shots by JJPinto. Thank You.

Great pics Joe. Thanks for posting.

Great shots. Thanks for sharing!