Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RescueKujo

Never Forget...

7 posts in this topic

Today, the United States Military Explosive Ordnance Community will gather at the Memorial at the Schoolhouse to remember and Memorialize our Bretheren who made the Ultimate Sacrifice in the past year. Never Forget those who stood tall against our enemies in time of war...

US Army

SSgt Edmond LO

SSgt Thomas Rabjohn

US Marine Corps

SSgt Aaron Taylor

MSgt Adam Benjamin

GySgt David Spicer

WO2 Ricky Richardson, Jr.

SSgt Mark A. Wojciechowski

GySgt John H. Roy III

SSgt Daniel L. Hansen

US Navy

EOD2 Tyler J. Trahan

EOD2 Tony Randolph

US Air Force

TSgt Philip A. Myers

Ssgt Bryan D. Berky

TSgt Anthony C. Campbell

TSgt Adam K. Ginett

16 names added to EOD Memorial

EGLIN AFB — As a mother, Christina Kazakavage clutched a folded flag in her arms while those around her offered comforting hugs and condolences. Kazakavage was one of about 2,000 people attending Saturday‟s Explosive Ordnance Disposal Memorial ceremony. This year, they honored 16 men across four military branches that died in the line of duty. Kazakavage‟s son, Air Force Tech. Sgt. Adam Ginett, died on Jan. 19 in Afghanistan. “I come from a military background,” Kazakavage said. “My father was a Marine, and my husband‟s father was Air Force. He was really going into both his grandfathers‟ footsteps.”

All 16 men whose names were added to the memorial had attended the local EOD school for their training.

In his keynote speech, Adm. Jonathan W. Greenert said that the EOD courses cover biological and chemical weapons; ground, air and nuclear ordnance; improvised explosive devices and more.

About 1,800 people train annually at the Eglin EOD, and Greenert said that the community as a whole is about 7,000 strong. “You demand people who are leaders,” he said. “We demand people who are experts.”

Much of the work performed by EOD members is in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Greenert said that success for the military missions there depends upon success by the EOD. “There is not a convoy that will move without EOD coverage,” he said. The EOD, in turn, passes its knowledge to the military and police in Iraq as the U.S. military mission winds down there. “These are people that run to danger; they don‟t run away from danger,” he also said.

“But they are a humble group. They don‟t ask for recognition,” he continued. “Those we honor today would probably be embarrassed.”

In addition to this year‟s 16 memorials, a brick was unveiled with the name of EOD instructor Rick Palmer, who died unexpectedly, although not during an EOD operation.

Saturday's ceremony marked the 41st time that EOD names were placed on the memorial. In all, 254 names were recognized.

For Ginett‟s family, their stay along the Gulf Coast was short, with plans of returning today to their home in North Carolina. They take with them the knowledge that Ginett lived the life he wanted. “Adam loved to serve anyone, anything,” his mother said. During a trip when he was 16, he had an opportunity to serve on the altar of his church‟s national cathedral in Washington, D.C. “We were riding a shuttle, and there were officers on that shuttle. He had no qualms. He went and sat right with them,” she said. “And I knew that‟s it, that‟s where he‟s going.”

The other service members honored Saturday were: Army Staff Sgt. Thomas D. Rabjohn and Staff Sgt. Edmond Lo; Marine Corps Staff Sgt. Aaron J. Taylor, Master Sgt. Adam F. Benjamin, Gunnery Sgt. David S. Spicer, Chief Warrant Officer 2nd Class Ricky L. Richardson Jr., Staff Sgt. Mark A Wojciechowski, Gunnery Sgt. John H. Roy III and Staff Sgt. Daniel L. Hansen; Navy EOD 2nd Class Tony Randolph and EOD 2nd Class Tyler J. Trahan; Air Force Tech Sgt. Anthony C. Campbell Jr., Staff Sgt. Bryan D. Berky and Tech Sgt. Philip A. Myers.

Rest in Peace gentlemen, the job you do is incredible.

May you all rest in peace. One of my best friends and fellow VAC members is currently serving as an EOD SGT in Kuwait. My thoughts and prayers are with him and all men and woman of the armed forces every day. Get home safe!

Edited by PFDRes47cue

May you all rest in peace. One of my best friends and fellow VAC members is currently serving as an EOD SGT in Kuwait. My thoughts and prayers are with him and all men and woman of the armed forces every day. Get home safe!

PFD-Please thank your friend for his service and wearing the "Crab" proudly (he'll know what it means.

Duane

Today, the United States Military Explosive Ordnance Community will gather at the Memorial at the Schoolhouse to remember and Memorialize our Bretheren who made the Ultimate Sacrifice in the past year. Never Forget those who stood tall against our enemies in time of war...

US Army

SSgt Edmond LO

SSgt Thomas Rabjohn

US Marine Corps

SSgt Aaron Taylor

MSgt Adam Benjamin

GySgt David Spicer

GySgt John H. Roy III

SSgt Daniel L. Hansen

US Navy

EOD2 Tyler J. Trahan

EOD2 Tony Randolph

US Air Force

TSgt Philip A. Myers

Ssgt Bryan D. Berky

TSgt Anthony C. Campbell

TSgt Adam K. Ginett

Wow holy cow, can I get an Amen for that and a USA chant going to!! These guys are #1 in my book above FD PD and EMS because without them we'd be saluting a different flag right now. They deserve all the respect in the world God Bless all US armed services no matter who or where they are, they do the best job ever which is to have the honor to protect the dignity of our flag and country.

US Army

SSgt Edmond LO

SSgt Thomas Rabjohn

US Marine Corps

SSgt Aaron Taylor

MSgt Adam Benjamin

GySgt David Spicer

GySgt John H. Roy III

SSgt Daniel L. Hansen

US Navy

EOD2 Tyler J. Trahan

EOD2 Tony Randolph

US Air Force

TSgt Philip A. Myers

Ssgt Bryan D. Berky

TSgt Anthony C. Campbell

TSgt Adam K. Ginett

Wow holy cow, can I get an Amen for that and a USA chant going to!! These guys are #1 in my book above FD PD and EMS because without them we'd be saluting a different flag right now. They deserve all the respect in the world God Bless all US armed services no matter who or where they are, they do the best job ever which is to have the honor to protect the dignity of our flag and country.