Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Are Tarrytown Firefighters Getting Hosed?

97 posts in this topic

The new upcoming RIVERSIDE HOSE Crimson Engine, how is it going to fit into the current Riverside Hose firehouse??

The Crimson was spec'd out by the Villages hired consultant, The Village took over the process on the bid, The Consultant and the Village accepted the bid. It is the Villages problem if the rig does not fit in the Firehouse. The fire company was left out of the final bid process.

The Crimson was spec'd out by the Villages hired consultant, The Village took over the process on the bid, The Consultant and the Village accepted the bid. It is the Villages problem if the rig does not fit in the Firehouse. The fire company was left out of the final bid process.

OK. Another question, would the rig that the fire company spec'd fit into the existing firehouse?

OK. Another question, would the rig that the fire company spec'd fit into the existing firehouse?

Yes.

So how would a Seagrave 10 man cab fit into the firehouse, when it is larger than the Spartan Gladiator? My only guess would be it's not a raised roof.

And I always thought the E-One seemed a bit low, I thought that was for firehouse fit reason. It's been a year since I've been by Riverside Hose, but I thought I remember hearing something about it being renovated.

So how would a Seagrave 10 man cab fit into the firehouse, when it is larger than the Spartan Gladiator? My only guess would be it's not a raised roof.

And I always thought the E-One seemed a bit low, I thought that was for firehouse fit reason. It's been a year since I've been by Riverside Hose, but I thought I remember hearing something about it being renovated.

The garage door is 9'9". SG came in at 9'5" with a raised roof. As far as E-One is concerned, they could not build a truck to fit in the FH, As per their rep.

Spartan came in with a 10" raised roof to meet the specs. They put exception in it with a 8" raised roof to meet the height of the FH.

Just out of curiosity, Tarrytown used E-One for numerous years. E-One is known primarily for their pioneering use of aluminum cabs and body.

Also, although E-One does build a decent product in some areas (the Boston Engines and Ladder), they were once considered the low cost leader.

Is there dissatisfaction now with E-One, are they not holding up? Were they purchased in the past becuase of cost, and also dictated by the Village?

Seagrave makes an awesome product, and I know Riverside has used them in the past, but with New York State rules, especially nowadays, Seagrave is going to have a hard time competing if they don't lower their costs somehow. I know it's the stainless steel can that is the priciest.