Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Anything Interesting At Harrisburg This Year?

5 posts in this topic

Anything interesting apparatus-wise at the Harrisburg Expo this year?

Nothing really out of the normal other than it appears that American LaFrance is rising out of the ashes of dead. Nice showing of several rigs. Good showing of rigs by all the other major apparatus manufacturers.

Although not apparatus related....I bought something interesting, developed by a Syracuse Rescue Co. Fireman, it's called the Search Sleeve..... www.searchsleeve.com its a sleeve that fits over the Bunker Gear jacket sleeve above the wrist and a Streamlight 3C or a Pelican Sabre 2000 fits into the sleeve. The "sleeve" is black with reflective stripes like most Gear jackets. It's treated with a fire resistant chemical and sewn with kevlar thread. As you search and sweep with your tool it lights up the way, good for light when pulling ceilings, plus you can never have to many lights with you at times. He said Syracuse Firefighters have been using something like this for years. Gonna try it out, it was only $40 for the sleeve and the light. Check it out. Be safe all.

Edited by spin_the_wheel

A lot of funky-colored ambulances. I'll post pics when I clean them up...

spin_the_wheel I didn't see that, looks pretty neat.

Seth,

Very large selection of strange colored ambulances as TCA-ALS25 said. a few neat things as always including the light I videoed and put a link in a separate thread.

But I did like this monster

post-3712-12747588445.jpg

Rosenbaur tanker built on a International Lonestar series chassis

post-3712-12747588445.jpg

post-3712-127475897169.jpg