Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest partyrock

Pleasantville PD 10-13

8 posts in this topic

June 18th, 2010 @ 7pm

Pleasantville FD HQ

75 Washington Ave, Pleasantville, NY 10570

Sgt. Robert Gokey, a 10yr veteran of Pleasantville PD developed a rare form of a potentially fatal blood disease. It has progressed to the point he is no longer able to work. He is out of sick time, vacation time, and is off payroll. Sgt. Gokey has a wife and two children which he can longer provide for. The members of the Pleasantville PBA will be holding a spaghetti dinner June 18th starting at 7pm to raise funds to help Sgt. Gokey and his family. Please join us to help assist him and his family through this extremely tough time. All are encourage to attend. Everyone is invited. Please forward this along.

Food, wine, soda and DJ for only $15.

Any Questions Contact:

Aaron Hess (914) 906-5025 or Joe Kraus (914) 224-2458

On a personal note Sgt. Gokey typified what one would want from a local cop. A trusted confidant to those in need and able to police small town problems without losing sight of the big picture. I know several friends and family members who would not be where they are now were it not for Rob's help and guidance at critical junctures along the way.

Edited by jack10562
Name

EMTBravo Members,

Let's come out and support Sgt. Robert Gokey on June 18th

Hey everyone please try and make it out. Sgt. Gokey is one of the nicest people you could meet and would help anybody if they needed it. So please do the same and help him out.

I know it sometimes seems like anytime someone gets sick or injured they become saints who never did wrong, but Gokey is a phenomenal guy. I have two brothers who are now college graduates well on their way towards happy and productive lives, both of whom would probably be in a very different situation right now were it not for Sgt Gokey. The guy never said no to anyone seeking his help and spent countless hours of his own time helping people out. I cannot say enough about him. Please, help out.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Let's all try to make it to this event. It's times like this when the Brotherhood that is the Emergency Services comes together and takes care of one of our own.

Totally agree with everything ny10570 said - Bob Gokey is truly one on the greatest guys I ever met. I KNOW there will be a great turnout tomorrow night because it will be a testament to how everyone feels about him.

For those not up at Lake George, a reminder, if you can, please make an effort to stop by the firehouse tonight.

I just wanted to thank everyone who came and showed their support for Sgt Gokey last night. We had a GREAT turnout!