Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Yonkers Sub Station Fire 6-12-10

7 posts in this topic

I see that the YFD Foam Unit was dispatched to today's Con-Ed Sub Station Fire in Yonkers (Engine 313 runs the YFD Foam Unit in a similiar manner that Squad 11 runs the YFD Collapse Rig). I don't believe that a photo of YFD's New Foam Unit has been published yet on EMTBravo.net. I believe that it is a Ford F650 Truck and I am not sure if Hackeney did the work on it or not. (A Photo of The Old Converted Sutphen Rig had been published here on EMTBRAVO.net awhile ago). Does anyone have a photo of the Completed New YFD Foam Unit that they can post here?

A couple of operational questions if anyone is able to fill in the blanks...

I see that an Engine 315 was special called. I guess that's with recall personnel, right? Was that an additional engine or did it too bring special resources.

With E313 tied up at another alarm, how do you get the foam unit deployed?

I thought I heard 304 or 307 was going to pick up the foam rig. Nasty plume from this job. View from Tuckahoe Road:

4694415535_fe8e34da07_b.jpg

A couple of operational questions if anyone is able to fill in the blanks...

I see that an Engine 315 was special called. I guess that's with recall personnel, right? Was that an additional engine or did it too bring special resources.

With E313 tied up at another alarm, how do you get the foam unit deployed?

During the incident,the YFD put an engine a ladder and battalion into service. E315 was the engine. It was staffed with recall personnel.

We were finishing up with the other fire and B1 asked for the foam unit. I released E313 and they picked up the Foam unit. The foam unit was the converted Engine not the Hackney.

During the incident,the YFD put an engine a ladder and battalion into service. E315 was the engine. It was staffed with recall personnel.

We were finishing up with the other fire and B1 asked for the foam unit. I released E313 and they picked up the Foam unit. The foam unit was the converted Engine not the Hackney.

Thanks for the info. It's very proactive to turn out additional companies and a chief and do it so quickly.

Glad everyone is OK!

I see that the YFD Foam Unit was dispatched to today's Con-Ed Sub Station Fire in Yonkers (Engine 313 runs the YFD Foam Unit in a similiar manner that Squad 11 runs the YFD Collapse Rig). I don't believe that a photo of YFD's New Foam Unit has been published yet on EMTBravo.net. I believe that it is a Ford F650 Truck and I am not sure if Hackeney did the work on it or not. (A Photo of The Old Converted Sutphen Rig had been published here on EMTBRAVO.net awhile ago). Does anyone have a photo of the Completed New YFD Foam Unit that they can post here?

Here is the closest thing I came up with!

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=33639&view=findpost&p=192689