Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
afd65

Armonk Fire 3/11/05

5 posts in this topic

Sounds like a good fire. any1 on scene to take pics?

afd65...Theres no such thing as a "good fire." I'm not picking on you, just making a statement. I'm pretty sure you meant its a big fire, not neccesarily a "good" one. News12 covered this story last night, the house was a big mansion, looked like a lot of damage. I only caught the tail end of the story & i couldn't find it on their website to post the link, but i will keep trying.

I got some picts - none of fire, just a lot of smoke. Considering the circumstances, Armonk and all the mutual aid did one hell of a job. When I got therer (about 1850, I followed about a mile of uncharged 5 inch up Bayberrry Rd to where Mt Kisco's FAST was parked. Banksvilles Engine was just starting to connect their % inch to lay in the rest of the way. There was About another 1/3 of a mile (at least) down the ice covered driveway to finish the lay into Armonk's engine. The House was appx 125'x70' from what I remember. Smoke was pouring out the 2nd floor, and they were just climbing up to the roof to vent. It was a tricky fire with the lack of water source. Nice job by all. =D> =D> =D> =D>

Are you going to post them?? Would like to see them

Yeah - unfortunatley, i didn't have my digital camera, so now my lazy a** has to find out what i did with the disposable that i bought, and then get a picture disk done.Hopefully by the end of the week.