Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Former Firefighter charged with Arson

14 posts in this topic

Today a 20 year old male was arrested in connection with a suspicious fire this morning on Widmer Rd in the town of Wappingers. Detectives have learned he is responsible for a fire a few weeks earlier in a occupied home in East Fishkill. The residents were home sleeping at the time.

This person is reported to be a former firefighter.

WHAT THE H*** IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE????

You become a firefighter to help people and then you go burn houses down? OCCUPIED HOUSES????

My opinion is for you to rot in your cell! Maybe if your lucky a psychiatrist can fix your crooked mind.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Happens more than you think.

Edited by newsbuff

yeah, it is sad. It does happen more than people think. Back in 2004, unfortunately 3 of my friends made that terrible decision. at the time I was not in the FD yet, but in the EMS corps. Ill never forget. I was actually with them shortly before they "went out." I actually wished they asked me cause I would have a) beaten them silly and B) prevented it.

sad

Let's be clear, this kid was a "former" Volunteer Firefighter at age 20?

Another jerk making the rest of you look bad. Former?? Probably got booted cause the powers that be realized he was an EDP.

I haven't seen anything in the news yet about this....Im assuming nobody knows where this kid was a volunteer then huh ?

Either way it's pretty sad that people do this, not to mention stupid

It was on the local news in Dutchess County and honestlly why throw a Fire Department under the bus by saying where he was a member. He does something seriouslly stupid and got caught and got charged, great job police department. The fires he set the fire companies did a great job putting them out quickly. We have to protect ourselves from people like this.

Thomas

Today a 20 year old male was arrested in connection with a suspicious fire this morning on Widmer Rd in the town of Wappingers. Detectives have learned he is responsible for a fire a few weeks earlier in a occupied home in East Fishkill. The residents were home sleeping at the time.

I know the family from East Fishkill and am thankful that they are okay and that this person has been arrested for these heinous crimes. Good job to the detectives investigating the events.

TAPSJ likes this

Apparently this kid was a volunteer at New Hackensack, a Regardless of this persons actions I know that the boys over at New Hackensack are a bunch of stand up guys with whom I'd run a job with any day. However, unfortunately these types of people are found in all types of organizations all over the country and world. It does paint us all in a bad light but it is what is it. This isn't the first time someone has done this and although i wish i could say it would be the last, chances are it probably wont be. I'm grateful that he didn't seriously hurt or kill anyone with his actions.

Very glad he was caught and the people in the houses he set on fire were able to get out, but very sorry he learned nothing from the time he was in the volunteer service about responsibility and caring for others. Many of the volunteer and paid firefighters I know would never tolerate anyone even thinking about doing something like that so they could "get the glory" of putting out a fire. The majority know what a family goes through when their house is damaged or lost, and although they love putting out fires, to know someone intentionally set them and risked people's lives would make us realy feel like pounding the jerk. That is a sick mind. Unfortunately, it reflects badly on all of us decent volunteers when it hits the papers, and we have to work harder to erase that image from the public mind.

Edited by sueg

Its sad all the way around. The fire victims, the fire setters family, the department, and the entire fire service. There are many factors that propel a person to do this heinous act. Know the signs and be aware. If there is anyone or anything that does not appear "just right", talk to an officer. It happens and has happened throughout the County over the years. If you have ever gone through it in your own department, it is devastating. It goes against everything we stand for, yet sometimes these people are standing right beside you. Glad to see justice was served.

Be Safe.