Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Don Reid LODD

4 posts in this topic

Seems like only yesterday Police Officer Reid was patrolling the Village of Tuckahoe. But time marches on, Don retired and picked up this gig with the Prince William County, VA., Police Department. In the end, he was doing what he'd been doing since Vietnam, responding to an incident. Rest in Peace.

MANASSAS, Va.—A Prince William County police department employee died in the line of duty Friday.“The professional and personal contributions made by Don to the lives of Police Department members will not be forgotten,” Prince William County police Chief Charlie T. Deane said in a press release. “The Prince William County Police Department will truly miss Don Reid.”

Donald E. Reid, the police department’s supply section manger, died of an apparent heart attack while responding to a gas leak in the Manassas area Friday, police officials said Monday.

He would have turned 60 Saturday.

Reid was a police officer in the Village of Tuckahoe in Westchester County, New York. He retired after 21 years as a sworn police officer.

Before he was a police officer, Reid served in the 101st Airborne Division of the United States Army and was awarded the Purple Heart after serving in the Vietnam War.

post-1020-042258700 1278100648.jpg

http://www.moonhowlings.net/index.php/tag/donald-reid/

batt2 likes this

Remember him well. Nice guy, tough cop. We didnt like seeing him show up if we were doing something wrong as kids

Don was one of my partners at Tuckahoe PD prior to me going to the FD. Don was a cop's, cop. He knew and did his job very well. I learned so much in so liitle time from him. He was well respected by all and will be missed. Obviously after retiring he kept on serving the community. RIP Don.