Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unleashedff248

Some weird stuff on 46.26 lately...ideas?

36 posts in this topic

I've been hearing some odd transmissions on 46.26 lately. Seems to be a cab company of some sort. I'm guessing that it's feeding over someone's repeater back into 46.26, because I can get it on my pager all over the county. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this.

Also now with the new putnam 911 system the primary putnam

county sheriff's channel has been switched to the same frequency as Somers Townwide...with the same PL too. Seems to be some major issues with frequency interference lately, especially in wake of the NYPD SOD/ESU incident.

Yeah, i hear that smae transmition down in Hartsdale. Sounds like a jamacian guy asking for directions and pick ups... Wierd.. i hope it stops, It cuts into FD activity.

Do you catty a low band or uhf pager?? I don't hear it--up hear on UHF or Low band. As for PCSO which freq cuts into Somers? They added a new repeatered freq but that was months ago-

I carry a low band pager. And I believe the frequency that PCSO cuts into is 153.920. It the Somers interagency townwide frequency.

153.920 is the townwide/PD channel correct? Non repeatered as well? Pl 107.2

The closest freq PCSO uses--I believe is 153.9125 pl 107.2

Maybe something is not tweaked right or they are overpowering Somers. As far as the 46.26 issue--if you pick it up that good you must have a minitor II (the 3 and 4 models stink). I think I have maybe heard that interferance quite some time back when a new link was being put in but not since then. See if you can isolate what the transmission is and I will keep my ears open.

Putnam Sheriff channel 14 is 153.9125. It is a new "narrow band" frequency. Older scanners will pick it up on close frequencies

ok I thought we were on the same channel with townwide and channel 14. It comes over clearly on all our mobiles, portables, and even the console in our dispatch, not just scanners. I haven't tried to communicate with PVSO (nor will I), but it seems like the frequency interfering is a repeated output. I don't believe they can hear us, but all their traffic renders our townwide useless at this time. I guess since they're so close the frequencies feed into each other. Weird! Thanks for the help.

do ya know which 453 channel it is?

heard the transmissions again last night (3/14/05)while inside an engine. Hope an official check is being made to find out cause.

In order to find the cause you need to confirm which freq tou are picking it up on for one thing--if it is on a freq that uses PL codes--make sure your radio is not in monitor mode. It may take a while but before you go and complain to the FCC you have to have all your ducks in line so to speak.

60 Control Gremlins.......... :twisted:

453.000, with no PL, will get you a cab company, a security firm, 60 Control, NYC Buffs (Citywide 1) and in the morning a school bus company.

I believe West Harrison USE TO use 453 as their repeater but has changed it. PL codes are very important--pagers are not capable of them yet unfortunately. Those other agencies may be licensed for those freq's but they may be exceeding their licensed wattage output. Do a search for the freq--you will be surprised at the results

I was told by a radio repairman once that there are companies who buy old radios and sell them as is and he said that a lot of these taxi, landscape or whatever outfits will buy these on an as is basis and just go ahead and use them on whatever frequencies they happen to be set for. Although this was several years ago I guess it could still happen.

Sad but true--then can however be fined and even shut down though

I can top it. I'm driving around the city and I have the FDNY Handi talkie frequency plugged into my portable. I get a Spanish speaking gentleman that pretty much overrides just about everything else. Sounds like a cab service based over in East New York, or Brownsville Brooklyn.

JBE, what is the Handie Talkie or Tactical frequency for FDNY? I'd like to put that into my scanner

so does anyone have the new frequency that west harrison is using??????????

JBE, what is the Handie Talkie or Tactical frequency for FDNY? I'd like to put that into my scanner

I completely forgot. There is a website out there that has the list of all the HT frequencies. I usually lock it out unless I am going to a job on my own time and want to hear what's up on the fireground.

My guess is that it's coming over the input freq of one of the UHF links, then getting sent back out on 46.26. Someone could try listening on 46.26 with a PL/DPL decoding capable receiver to see if they can ID the source input by PL/DPL if the link isn't stripping that off when it passes the signal through. Otherwise, folks need to listen to the input side of the UHF links to see if one of them is feeding this crapola through. Anybody wanna go out on a signal hunt? Wackers unite to preserve the sanctity of our airwaves!!!!

This interference continues. I heard some cab company loud and clear over my pager today. Is the county doing anything about this?

i heard the cab company loud and clear also last night over my pager during the Rye 10-75

Any update on this? I am still hearing this "weird" radio traffic on 46.26.

I'm not pickin up anything over the repeater channels anymore

All the repeaters or just 453.000? Which seemed to go dead yesterday.

The cabbies were loud and clear yesterday. I paid close attention to the input frequencies on our repeater and heard nothing. We've got to get to the bottom of this. It's startin' to freak me out man.... :bong:

I used to pick up the repeater channels like it is just 46.26. I used to be able to hear Buchanon portables loud and clear from Port Chester. Now I don't hear anything on any of the repeater channels(on TX or RX frequencies). And one channel is just a constant squelch noise with an open mic sound.

Anyone else here the whoosh sound at the top and bottom of the hour? It goes for about 5 seconds each time. Been hearing it for the last 3 or 4 days.

Loud and clear at 0700-0730 timeframe. Various discussions of where their pickup is etc. One guy was in Manhattan. Someone should really crack down on this situastion i.e. FCC Who should be the one to report this alledged xband repeater in Harr.?