Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LFD34

Is American LaFrance Liquidating

10 posts in this topic

I see that their is an auction taking place of quite a bit of inventory and manufacturing gear at American LaFrance. Is this a liquidation or is this part of their reorg plan?

I beleive they shut down their PA operations and seem to be selling off everything that isn't need at the new plant in SC.

I beleive they shut down their PA operations and seem to be selling off everything that isn't need at the new plant in SC.

Last I knew was Elphrata, PA was going to remain open as the LTI plant and they were closing only Hamburg, NY (or already did). There was rumors floating around about Ferrara buying the LTI plant, tooling and the aerial rights but that never surfaced as they have a long standing contract with Smeal for their aerials. ALF had planned to consolidate everything to thier Carolina plant but decided not to move LTI.

Probably just surplus equipment they don't need anymore and trying to get rid of.

Last I knew was Elphrata, PA was going to remain open as the LTI plant and they were closing only Hamburg, NY (or already did). There was rumors floating around about Ferrara buying the LTI plant, tooling and the aerial rights but that never surfaced as they have a long standing contract with Smeal for their aerials. ALF had planned to consolidate everything to thier Carolina plant but decided not to move LTI.

Probably just surplus equipment they don't need anymore and trying to get rid of.

Did they not close the Ephrata plant last May (2009)? Last I'd read FDNY and Ferrara officials were seen looking at the Ephrata plant a couple of months ago.

Did they not close the Ephrata plant last May (2009)? Last I'd read FDNY and Ferrara officials were seen looking at the Ephrata plant a couple of months ago.

No I think they decided not to. I'll have to find the article that I saw or the posting from another site.

As fore the Ferrara / FDNY, it did not go any further that looking. FDNY had nothing direct (that I know of) to do with Ferrara looking at this venture. However with that said the rumor floating around was that since Ferrara got the FDNY ladder contract, they were looking for an aerial building facility, but they can't since they have a contract currently with Smeal (who wasn't the least bit happy Ferrara's wining bid) to build their aerial ladders for them.

I'll see if I can find it.

Also wasn't Spartan/Crimson looking at the plant as well.

Locally (South Central PA) they have been advertising the Ephrata plant as an LTI and general apparatus repair and maintenance facility