Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephen morea

Hawthorne 63U5 Rehab vehicle

16 posts in this topic

What kind/type vehicle is 63U5? I know that U-97 is the gator but I've never seen or herd of 63U5. Just courious. Thanks steve.

Its supposed to be a special operations vehicle but.. What classifsy it to be a special ops vehicle.. Do they carry hazmat gear?

What kind/type vehicle is 63U5? I know that U-97 is the gator but I've never seen or herd of 63U5. Just courious. Thanks steve.

Yes, you are correct that U97 is the gator. It used to have an EMS designation, but since there is a brush unit for it as well the county reassigned the designation as a utility. As for 63-U5, it is a special operations unit, however, the only thing it does now is tow the trailer for U97. The long term plan is to put MCI and rehab equipment in the vehicle, but the plan keeps changing as the district is looking at other options for apparatus.

Yes, you are correct that U97 is the gator. It used to have an EMS designation, but since there is a brush unit for it as well the county reassigned the designation as a utility. As for 63-U5, it is a special operations unit, however, the only thing it does now is tow the trailer for U97. The long term plan is to put MCI and rehab equipment in the vehicle, but the plan keeps changing as the district is looking at other options for apparatus.

what is 63U5, an old ambulance, pick up, utility truck, etc....?

It was in Port Chester for while at a truck repair garage if that is the rig you are talking about, looks like a late 80's GMC or Chevy 3500 4x4 mini attack painted blue. I saw that plate on it and could not place the rig or the town it came from ? It was gone before I got a shot of it.

It was in Port Chester for while at a truck repair garage if that is the rig you are talking about, looks like a late 80's GMC or Chevy 3500 4x4 mini attack painted blue. I saw that plate on it and could not place the rig or the town it came from ? It was gone before I got a shot of it.

that was the old MA-27, It was donated to Pleasantville VAC and converted into a rehab unit. I know Hawthorne put a new chief's car into service, so 63U5 might be a 1998 expedition.

Shouldn't a rehab vehicle be something like a bus or other vehicle that you can put multiple people in for warming and cooling? OR do they plan to carry mash like tents with HVAC units for environmental control?

It just got requested and is responding to the Briarcliff fire.

As of right now 63U5 is the 1998 Expedition that is towing the trailer for U97 (gator). It is not a rehab unit and has no other equipment in it as of now. There are talks of putting our mci equipment in it but nothing final has been decided.

And a side note Pvac's rehab unit (the old MA27) was requested to Briarcliff.

Here are some pics

post-2824-042539400 1280074221.jpg

post-2824-094357700 1280074229.jpg

post-2824-080996000 1280074253.jpg

Hey lad56der do you have that photo of 2190, thanks for the speedy reply by the way!

Shouldn't a rehab vehicle be something like a bus or other vehicle that you can put multiple people in for warming and cooling? OR do they plan to carry mash like tents with HVAC units for environmental control?

We do carry a heavy duty heater during the colder months. We carry misting fans and cooling chairs all year round. We also role either our fly car or a bus, maybe even two too transport PVAC rehab personnel...these could be used for cooling/heating. We have been very busy lately with the Rehab Unit...feel free to ask questions if you see us!

Hey lad56der do you have that photo of 2190, thanks for the speedy reply by the way!

ill put it up today