Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FD828

Bridgeport LODD's: Funeral Information

4 posts in this topic

This is what I got from the Stamford L786 President. God be with them and their families.

The viewing for Brother Velasquez will be held on Thursday, July 29, 2010 from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. at Klein Auditorium, 910 Fairfield Avenue, Bridgeport, Connecticut 06605; (203) 337-6195.

The viewing for Brother Baik will be held on Thursday, July 29, 2010 from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Abriola Parkview Funeral Home, 419 White Plains Road, Trumbull, Connecticut 06611; (203) 373-1013.

The funeral service for Brother Velasquez will be held on Friday, July 30 at 10:00 a.m. at St. Augustine Cathedral, 359 Washington Avenue, Bridgeport, Connecticut 06604, (203) 368-6777.

The funeral service for Brother Baik will be held on Friday, July 30 at 2:00 p.m. at St. Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Church, 5458 Park Avenue, Bridgeport, Connecticut 06604, (203) 372-9767.

The funerals are not private as previously noted, only the inside of the chuch due to seating/space restrictions as with most funerals.

A Collation honoring both our Brothers will be held on Friday, July 30, 2010 at the conclusion of the services at the Arena at Harbor Yard, 600 Main Street, Bridgeport, Connecticut.

Local 834 and the Bridgeport Fire Department have established a fund to support the families of the two fallen fire fighters. Donations to the "Bridgeport Fallen Firefighters Fund" can be made through the Bridgeport Fire Department Employees Federal Credit Union at 3115 Madison Ave., Bridgeport CT 06606, Attn: Bridgeport Fallen Firefighters Fund. The credit union can be reached at (203) 374-8120 or 1-800-242-8120

Edited by FD828

Thanks for the update

Members are requested to assemble at Steel Point, I-95 Exit 29 corner E. Main St. & Stratford Ave, in Bridgeport by 8 AM Friday where secure parking for cars and buses will be provided. Shuttle buses will transport to St. Augustine church for the funeral of Lt. Velasquez. Following that service buses will shuttle to St. Nicholas Church for FF Baik's funeral. Following that service buses will transport back to Steel Point or to Arena at Harbor yard for collation. Following collation, buses will transport members to Steel Point.

Steve and Mitch... I pray for both of your families and the brothers of Bridgeport FD. I will miss you both. Capt. Tom

Members are requested to assemble at Steel Point, I-95 Exit 29 corner E. Main St. & Stratford Ave, in Bridgeport by 8 AM Friday where secure parking for cars and buses will be provided. Shuttle buses will transport to St. Augustine church for the funeral of Lt. Velasquez. Following that service buses will shuttle to St. Nicholas Church for FF Baik's funeral. Following that service buses will transport back to Steel Point or to Arena at Harbor yard for collation. Following collation, buses will transport members to Steel Point.

Steve and Mitch... I pray for both of your families and the brothers of Bridgeport FD. I will miss you both. Capt. Tom

Tommy, I'm really sorry to hear about this man. Please carry my sympathies. God Bless The Bridgeport Fire Department.