Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FiftyOnePride

Poughkeepsie fire chief demoted

10 posts in this topic

Interesting story about the Poughkeepsie fire chief asking for a demotion. http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20100824/NEWS01/100824008/Poughkeepsie-fire-chief-demoted

This particular quote from the Mayor shows there is clearly more then meets the eye:

When asked if he requested that Boyd retire or accept a demotion, Tkazyik said “I believe the chief and I had a thorough conversation regarding the future of the department and the issues that have been surrounding it.”

A typical politicians answer. Never actually broaching the premise of the question.

Interesting comment from a reader of the paper:

cityguy33 wrote:

HE WAS NOT IN CONTROL OF HIS DEPARTMENT AND IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT. THE LITTLE RATS THAT WORK UNDER HIM AND THEN RUN TO CITY HALL AND open there mouths are who is running that department. And it is auwful that the mayor lets this happen. If these firemen today did this stuff 20 years ago they would be long gone.......City hall should not even entertain anyone that wants to discuss fire department buisness. it is the chiefs job and only the chief.... good job chief boyd. You had alot on your plate good luck as captain

Hmm.......people going around the chain of command and using the grapevine?

Principles of supervision 101: this type of activity will cause major problems for any department.

Happens all the time, in too many places.

Don't have any knowledge about the issues up there, just thought this was an interesting comment by someone who MIGHT have insight behind the scenes up there.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20100824/NEWS01/100824008/Poughkeepsie-fire-chief-demoted

The Rats WERE around 20 years ago. I have gotten a couple of rat bites myself. So did my father 50 years ago. Remember Caeser and Brutus? Rats have been around a long time. If the rats aren't after you, you may be one of them. Keep your vaccinations up-to-date, the rats aren't going to go away.

firefighter36 and efdcapt115 like this

The Rats WERE around 20 years ago. I have gotten a couple of rat bites myself. So did my father 50 years ago. Remember Caeser and Brutus? Rats have been around a long time. If the rats aren't after you, you may be one of them. Keep your vaccinations up-to-date, the rats aren't going to go away.

Truly another classic quote!

"Raftery'isms" :lol:

Truly another classic quote!

"Raftery'isms" :lol:

Looks like you and GG Sr. got bitten a few times yourself. My memory of your rats is a little hazy, but to you, I'll bet it's crystal clear.

Looks like you and GG Sr. got bitten a few times yourself. My memory of your rats is a little hazy, but to you, I'll bet it's crystal clear.

Yes indeed chief. I always hated rats. :lol:

Here's one of the greatest fire companies of all time chasing a classic rat!

post-1020-097158400 1282763860.jpg

Yes indeed chief. I always hated rats. :lol:

Here's one of the greatest fire companies of all time chasing a classic rat!

post-1020-097158400 1282763860.jpg

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie!