Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brian19fd

Las Vegas Night Help?

13 posts in this topic

Im trying to get some help/info to poss do a Las Vegas Night at my FD for a fundraiser- info regarding companies out there to rent equipment, dealers, etc... Also if any dept has done one before and has any helpful tips, all info would be awesome (Pros & Cons)....

Im trying to get some help/info to poss do a Las Vegas Night at my FD for a fundraiser- info regarding companies out there to rent equipment, dealers, etc... Also if any dept has done one before and has any helpful tips, all info would be awesome (Pros & Cons)....

In this economy? You might want to look at bingo..... :lol:

Just kidding, best of luck.

In this economy? You might want to look at bingo..... :lol:

Just kidding, best of luck.

Yah Never Know- may try that also lol... Im open for all ideas at this point...

Just curious have you looked into the legalities of something like this? aka tax?

Just curious have you looked into the legalities of something like this? aka tax?

Not yet- it was just an idea thrown out and being one of the chairs of our 75th Ann committee, tryin to hear from depts who have done it before and know what is involved... But im sure there has to be something along those lines thats gonna be involved...

My fraternity in college looked at doing something similar but the maze of legalities turned us off it. From what I remember it is a lot easier to pull off if your a non-profit organization. Definitely something to look into though... Good luck

Contact Cortlandt hook and ladder (peekskill FD ladder 45) They ran vegas nights for many years. Phone number should be on their web site.

We have a games of chance license for Vegas nights that we run during our annual fair plus we sell bell-jar tear off tickets weekly and we do host a popular Texas holdem tournament every third Sunday of the month.

Vegas nights are alot of work and we are doing very well with holdem which doesn't require more than 4-5ppl to run it. You can contact me if u need further info @ kurt@advancefiresafety.com

We ran them for years at North Highlands. Send me a PM and I'll give you what ever info you may need

Good old fashion 50/50 raffle worked well for us.

83 Engine and 29 Truck in The Bronx holds an annual Texas Hold'em Tournament in a church basement across from their quarters, which is usually pretty successful. I'm not a card player, but alot of guys in my house are and have played in the tourney. PM me and i'll find out more info for ya.

Edited by CBX4627

83 Engine and 29 Truck in The Bronx holds an annual Texas Hold'em Tournament in a church basement across from their quarters, which is usually pretty successful. I'm not a card player, but alot of guys in my house are and have played in the tourney. PM me and i'll find out more info for ya.

Careful...........they're bums! :lol:

post-1020-053057700 1282863601.jpg

Thanks Guys for all the help, I'll be gettin in touch with yah in the near future, just trying to get further info on my end in regards to what the committee is poss looking in doing and taking it from there...