Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageVigiles

LODD: Trooper First Class Kenneth Hall, CT State Police

4 posts in this topic

The Connecticut State Police have lost one of their own, Trooper First Class Kenneth Hall, Badge #1231, a 22-year veteran assigned to the Traffic Unit's Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Squad. TFC Hall was operating at a motor vehicle stop on Interstate 91 in Enfield, CT when his cruiser was struck by a Dodge pickup. He was extricated by the FD and transported to Bay State Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. The driver of the suspect vehicle and a female passenger are listed in "extremely critical" condition.

TFC Hall graduated twenty-two years ago... yesterday

This is the THIRD Law Enforcement LODD this year in Connecticut due to careless or drunk drivers striking an Officer/Trooper.

I don't know if New York has a "Move Over" law, but I know Connecticut does. I think the most important thing we can all take away from this is to EDUCATE the people in our jurisdictions that they need to SLOW DOWN and MOVE OVER when emergency and/or construction workers are on the roads. Its not just the law but it will keep us all safer.

Below is the link from the WTNH article on the incident:

Trooper Killed in Accident on I-91

Channel 8 is reporting that Hartford PD, among others, are driving Southbound on I-91 past the accident scene with lights and sirens going in honor of TFC Hall.

Rest in Peace TFC Hall. My thoughts and prayers are with him, his family, friends, and of course his Brother and Sister Troopers during this tragic time.

Please everyone, stay safe out there.

Trooper First Class Kenneth Hall of the Connecticut State Police was killed Friday (09-03-10) after the vehicle he was sitting in while writing a ticket was struck. Rest in Peace TFC Hall.

Trooper Remembered

(Moderator Note: There was already a thread on this, I merged this one with the one I made the other day.)