Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFDRes47cue

Pleasantville VAC Rehab Drill 9/23/2010

14 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2010 Thornwood FD and Valhalla FD held a live burn drill at the Westchester County FTC. Pleasantville VAC's rehab unit was requested to participate and rehab firefighters. Here are a few pics. I will upload some more detailed pictures of the whole rehab process and our equipment at our next drill or incident.

Setting up the tent.

post-16367-056066400 1285704660.jpg

Basic set-up of rehab chairs and misting fans.

post-16367-014302800 1285704673.jpg

Rehabbing firefighters.

post-16367-010035600 1285704676.jpg

That FD Lt. sure looks thrilled having his BP taken by that EMT!!!!

Very nice set up. All that is missing is a Cinzano umbrella, grill, cooler, tv,...

Very nice set up. All that is missing is a Cinzano umbrella, grill, cooler, tv,...

We have a propane heater for colder months...we would hook a grill up to the propane and cooks some burgerslaugh.gif!

Edited by PFDRes47cue

any additional capabilities not detailed in these photos?

Generator with lights, cooling chairs, propane heater, misting fans, water, Gatorade, granola bars, cold towels, and CO/pulse detectors. Currently budgeting for a closed tent for the winter months.

AND most important - experienced, top-notch, caring personnel!!!

I guess GAW6 and I were posting at the same time...well not you can read it twice. biggrin.gif

I will try to list everything we have rolling out to a rehab call with 7605 (Rehab unit)

Warm months:

• 2 tents
  • 4 cooling chairs
  • 4 non-cooling chairs
  • 2 misting fans
  • cold water/gatorade
  • cold wet towels
  • vital monitoring equipment
  • Carbon Monoxide detector (detects levels in the body)
  • food (typically granola bars)
  • ice
  • oxygen
  • propane heater
  • generator with lights

I think that is everything...

We are looking to purchase a new tent with sides that attaches to the heater. This will provide a nice warm environment. We are still in the process of purchasing supplies to add to our rehab unit.

Edited by PFDRes47cue

To Update...

PVAC just received out heating tent. This tent is hooked up to a propane heater and provides an enclosed room for personnel to warm up and receive rehab.

To Update...

PVAC just received out heating tent. This tent is hooked up to a propane heater and provides an enclosed room for personnel to warm up and receive rehab.

I would love to see some photos of this set up. Sounds like someone did their homework.

Here is a photo of out new heated tent that was set up for the first time today at a rehab unit drill.

post-16367-0-62188100-1295834093.jpg

PFDRes47cue it looks real impressive. A few quick questions, does this unit set up similar to the pop-up tents? Is the vent on the top part of the heater unit or a fresh air intake?

Good luck with it. Great to see agencies thinking outside the box for solutions.

PFDRes47cue it looks real impressive. A few quick questions, does this unit set up similar to the pop-up tents? Is the vent on the top part of the heater unit or a fresh air intake?

Good luck with it. Great to see agencies thinking outside the box for solutions.

I was not at the drill so I do not have all of the details. I believe the vent on the top is to let some hot air out and some fresh air in. That is of course if it is a vet at all...which it appears it is. The unit does set up similar to a pup-up tent. But there are other parts that have to be put in place. If I remember correctly, the legs actually unfold rather then telescope like in a pop-up tent. I will check my facts and also try to post the set-up video ASAP.

Thanks for the kind words.

Congratulations on the new addition it looks great! PVAC does an excellent job with rehab and is a very proactive agency. Keep up the good work!

ems-buff likes this

Congratulations on the new addition it looks great! PVAC does an excellent job with rehab and is a very proactive agency. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much DaRock98!