Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vtach39680

What is going on in Croton?

33 posts in this topic

Exactly. And notice who the posters are who are perpetrating that agenda. Typical, and par for the course.

I have no affiliation with Croton EMS, but who is to say that the 4 calls going unanswered in a particular 30 minute span is not that 1-in-one-million long-shot that everyone talks about? Maybe they had a couple of buses out of service? Maybe instead of coming on here to ask about and infer about a particular VAC's perceived lack of staffing, mechanical needs, and the like, all while fueling the drama with more and more conjecture, the OP should perhaps call the VAC and ask them what happened?

Let us all keep in mind that members of the media can access this site and whenever someone asks what might be an innocent question regarding a sensitive issue such as this one, it could very well make its way into the papers. Someone posted here yesterday that there was a question posed on LoHud that insinuated that NRFD took its time while responding to a fire; although that was not the case, the comment posters on LoHud basically skewered the department and its response while having either incomplete facts or no facts at all. In short, we should learn from that episode, and keep what started out as an innocent question from turning into a potentially reputational risk.

I think it's great that the media checks this site and I would strongly encourage them to look into the serious life or death issues surrounding Emergency Services in Westchester County, and how lives can be saved, suffering alleviated and property loss minimized, all for less cost, with appropriate and well thought out consolidation and regionalization. This change is very unlikely to happen unless it is demanded from without, not within, unfortunately.

Bnechis and helicopper like this

I think it's great that the media checks this site and I would strongly encourage them to look into the serious life or death issues surrounding Emergency Services in Westchester County, and how lives can be saved, suffering alleviated and property loss minimized, all for less cost, with appropriate and well thought out consolidation and regionalization. This change is very unlikely to happen unless it is demanded from without, not within, unfortunately.

Excellent point, Chief. My personal opinion: the media are going to write stories; that's what they do. They can write them with our input, or without it. Which do you think is going to give the highest chance of some accuracy in what they write?

The Croton question was asked and answered. This thread is now closed. If you want to continue the discussion about EMS responses and staffing and all the other things please start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

REMINDER: Argue the issues, do not attack the individuals raising them.