Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Does your department have anything to donate?

7 posts in this topic

Was in contact with a Chief from a rural volunteer fire district in New England in dire need of firefighting equipment. If your department has recently received a FIRE ACT grant or upgraded equipment for other reasons, and you have anything that might be usable please e-mail me with details (you can e-mail me through the contact info in my profile). I can liaise with the Chief and maybe coordinate something to donate and help them out.

Thank you,

George

Did something happen that they need equipment so bad and what are they looking for

No disasters or anything like that. The Chief is a retired Deputy out of a large city in Maine, and now looking to improve this department, which has been operating without enough basic gear for a very long time. They recently won a FIRE ACT grant to help purchase a pumper. The town has committed to rebuilding their station. I asked what the basic gear situation was like, and he said they don't have enough; from airpacks to extinguishers. I offered to ask here and see if we could possibly drum something up.

All offers will be relayed to the department, and if taken up, we'll figure out logistics after that.

We've got a few people they can have... :P

That won't help them...

They are looking to improve their department...B)

We've got a few people they can have... :P

I was going to post the same thing ... lol