Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

EMTBravo WILL NOT Shutdown-THANK YOU MEMBERS AND STAFF

12 posts in this topic

Members,

After a long nap, stepping away from the computer, and some thought, I've decided that I can't go through with shutting down the site.

Today, I have received overwhelming and unprecendented support, via all the kind and supportive posts, and over 200 emails. This site means to much to too many people to shut it down. This topic has received over 5,000 views in less then 24 hours, and that alone says something. I was not expecting an outpouring of support like this in my wildest dreams, and this has reinvigorated me.

You guys have also been responsible for saving this site financially in less then one day. The 2010 goal has been met and exceeded. I think almost every active member has generously donated. This eases me a lot, and hopefully I won't have to worry about finances of the site until next early year. I hope that in 2011, we also meet our goal with gradual donations, and may be able to pay for 2011 in it's entirety with the amount of donations we are getting, if the pace of donations steadily keeps up and continue consistently throughout the life of this site, which will ensure the site stays online. But, right now, it is such a HUGE relief to not have to worry about that for a while.

I will be stepping back a little from my administrative duties a bit, for health reasons. I've gotten very impulsive and unable to make good decisions due to a flare up and it's caused the staff a lot of headaches. I also have other serious personal issues I need to take care of. I am lucky to have a very knowledgeable and supportive staff that allows me to do this, and I'm glad for that.

Thank you again to EVERYONE who saved this site by either sending an email, donating, or even viewed the thread. I'm happy that EMTBravo will be able to celebrate it's 7th birthday next month. I'm glad to have such an awesome membership and staff that has put up with me and who really care about this site.

Seth Granville

Founder

Director Of Development

Email: seth@emtbravo.com

:D Yay. :D I sent you an email Seth about mailing a donation to the site.

Seth,

Please update the time for this IA.... :)

Looks like potential HUGE tragedy was averted.

0900 Call for EMT bravo site going down this Saturday

0901 EMT Bravo site members have a renewed appreciation for the site

0902 EMT Bravo Members from over 6 counties self dispatch for mutual aid to the site via donations. IC did not ask for Mutal Aid, but members respond on own accord.

0905 EMT Bravo starts receiving influx of needed mutual aid.

2200 EMT Bravo scene is placed under control, no need for Coroner.

2210 EMT Bravo site lives on for quite some time.

A happy ending for all parties concerned.

Seth,

I view this site often, and would not be happy to see it go.

I would have no problem in paying a yearly fee.

That is a fair way of operating the site to all who use it.

But more important then the site, I wish you good health.

Good Luck.

(my donation is on the way)

Edited by Steve

Glad to hear everything is working out for the site! So sit back and let your awesome staff handle things for awhile. I can't donate a huge amount right now however I am glad my small contribution helped to make a difference.

Thank you sooooooo much Seth and a thanks to all that support you on the EmtBravo staff. This truly means slot. I definatly would not know what to do with myself after loosing the site. I hope things get better for you and hope you feel better. (I'll be donating too). Stay safe.

38FF, that is a good one! Describes it perfectly. LOL.

Seth,

Please update the time for this IA.... :)

Looks like potential HUGE tragedy was averted.

0900 Call for EMT bravo site going down this Saturday

0901 EMT Bravo site members have a renewed appreciation for the site

0902 EMT Bravo Members from over 6 counties self dispatch for mutual aid to the site via donations. IC did not ask for Mutal Aid, but members respond on own accord.

0905 EMT Bravo starts receiving influx of needed mutual aid.

2200 EMT Bravo scene is placed under control, no need for Coroner.

2210 EMT Bravo site lives on for quite some time.

A happy ending for all parties concerned.

Didn't even make it to 2200, more like 2048.

this is excellent news, I said we would not fail.

Woooooo!

For a moment, I thought I would have to go back to reading the Boston Globe with my morning coffee!

Sorry I couldn't donate, In the same situation as you, except with a Fiancee who is expecting!!!

Thanks!

Glad to hear it Seth. Thanks for all your efforts and patience. I knew if the members were challenged we would all come through.

Be well and make sure you take care of yourself and your family.