Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve

Be on the look out for a stolen fire-rescue truck from Vermont

10 posts in this topic

FIRE APPARATUS STOLEN IN VERMONT:

Firefighters in southern Vermont returned from a fire Wednesday to find one of their fire rigs missing. Wonderful. The

rescue truck was discovered missing from the firehouse early this morning after Firefighters returned from a fire in

Williamsville from 0300-0500. The apparatus disappeared sometime between Monday and Wednesday morning. Be

On The LookOut for a red 2005 medium duty rescue squad with emergency lights and “East Dover” lettered on its

side and hopefully still contains medical and rescue equipment.

Anyone with info regarding is asked to contact SWNH Fire Mutual Aid Communications at 1-866-352-1291

PHOTOS AND MORE DETAILS HERE: http://firemutualaid.com/

Edited by Steve

One quick thing:

If they noticed the truck gone after returning room a fire that had them out from 0300 - 0500 how are they saying it went missing between Monday and Wednesday. If it was gone before the fire wouldn't they notice when leaving for the fire? No security camera in or around the fire house? What about on streets in the town maybe they can see it drive by a camera? Weird?

Anyways, I keep my eyes peeled. Hopefully they get it back with the equipment on board.

Questions: Radios in the trucks do not give off any signal that can be picked up? Or is this only if transmitted on?

From FirefighterCloseCalls.com

That fire department rescue truck stolen in Vermont was found tonight, but it was kind of a long way from home. As you know, the Firefighters of Vermont's small southern town of East Dover, upon returning from a fire call, discovered their medium-duty 2005 Ford (East Dover Rescue 4) was missing from the firehouse earlier this week. Well, this evening it was found in a parking lot near the Albany (N.Y.) bus station at around 1900 hours - and the keys were still in the ignition. The rescue was not damaged and none of its equipment seemed to be messed with. The Vermont State Police will be heading there tomorrow to get it and continue this unusual investigation. Stay tuned.

Take Care,

BillyG

FireFighterCloseCalls.com

West Dover, VT is a tiny little town. I don't think their are high-tech devices like street camera in the area. I am not sure which fire house this truck was taken from, but I believe their station is across the street from the police station on Rt. 100.

I am glad they were able to recover the truck and equipment.

One quick thing:

If they noticed the truck gone after returning room a fire that had them out from 0300 - 0500 how are they saying it went missing between Monday and Wednesday. If it was gone before the fire wouldn't they notice when leaving for the fire? No security camera in or around the fire house? What about on streets in the town maybe they can see it drive by a camera? Weird?

Anyways, I keep my eyes peeled. Hopefully they get it back with the equipment on board.

Questions: Radios in the trucks do not give off any signal that can be picked up? Or is this only if transmitted on?

One quick thing:

PFD....as JackEMT pointed out, many FD's in Vermont are very small and rural. Many "Fire Stations" are merely garages to house their apparatus. They are nothing like the Firehouses that we are used to in the metro NYC area.

Security cameras are great and should be utilized in Firehouses. However, they may not always be of good quality and may not get a good shot of a theif.

Glad to hear the rig was located and in good condition. Hopefully they locate the perp and charge him to the fullest extent of the law.

This article has more information:

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=13356777

Apparently, when they responded M/A to the fire in Williamsville, the rescue truck was on the other side of the station from the one they responded with. Since they had not used the truck in several days, they did not notice that it was gone until they returned to the fire house. From the pictures it seems they have a fire garage. As stated above, this is a pretty rural town in very Southern Vermont, it is about 25-30 miles from Mass. and 50-60 miles from New York as the crow flies. The police have a suspect in mind apparently because they seem to know where it was potentially heading.

West Dover, VT is a tiny little town. I don't think their are high-tech devices like street camera in the area. I am not sure which fire house this truck was taken from, but I believe their station is across the street from the police station on Rt. 100.

I am glad they were able to recover the truck and equipment.

The truck was stolen from East Dover not West Dover. West Dover is where Mount Snow is and East Dover is......well........ :lol: east of West Dover.