Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JP59

New Code 3 FDNY 1968 ALF TDA just released

4 posts in this topic

If you are into diecast fire apparatus, you have to check out Code 3's latest release. Today they just released FDNY Ladder 103 which is a 1968 American LaFrance series 900 100 foot tractor drawn aerial. It's a brand new mold for Code 3 and I think they did an excellent job on this rig. I just ordered mine. You can check it out at www.code3.net. In my opinion this is one of the nicest Code 3 releases in a long time.

It looks great! But $89.00 is very steep for a 1/64th die cast, especially in this economy. I realize all the research and development that went into this new tool, but still.....

I'm saving what little I have for the FDNY Marauder II mold next year...hope it is affordable.

But do I wait, because prices always significantly go down it seems in a few months, or it sells out.....

It looks great! But $89.00 is very steep for a 1/64th die cast, especially in this economy. I realize all the research and development that went into this new tool, but still.....

I'm saving what little I have for the FDNY Marauder II mold next year...hope it is affordable.

But do I wait, because prices always significantly go down it seems in a few months, or it sells out.....

Seth, I know the price is a little steep but that rig is a must have for my FDNY collection. I love the older ALF's. This release is limited to 4,000 pieces. I would say wait and see if the price comes down a bit but there is a chance it may sell out being an FDNY piece and also because the ALF TDA is a first for Code 3.

It's getting raked over the coals by a number of collectors and apparatus buffs out there. It's way out of scale, amongst other issues. I'm going to pass on this one. I'm with Seth on waiting for the MII. I got plenty of ideas for that rig. I'm also hearing the MII will also be coming out with a tower ladder version, marked for TL-46.

However, if they do a version of this marked as Ladder 173 with the stars, stripes and blue front from the 70's, I will bite the bullet and purchase it. Simply because I remember that rig from my childhood.